When the heck is Bearly Live 2009?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah, I did not fine ME hilly at all... Heck, I found your old neck of the woods hillier... i.e. Dutchess County..

Jay

Jay you weren't looking in the right place for the hills...

Sabrina.....50 at least! I have a 220 mile ride next weekend (over 2 days)so I should be either in shape or pushing the daisies up!

I'm in ... let's ride!

(I love hills; I have a habit of coasting down them *passing* Sabrina while she's peddling like mad; it's nice to know gravity's effect on my mass is good for something now and then)

Reminder

Those that are planning to attend should probably look into campground reservations soon...;)

Asking a favor here. Could somebody PLEASE take yet another 'duty' off Sherpa & croo, take the bull by the horns, and fully organize a group 'morning after' (more like afternoon after) paddle down the Andro. IMHO there is no better way to clear/minimize the cobwebs...:D

Also, if you have never attended one of these... check your inhibitions at the door, leave small children, pets and women with sensitive skin at home, and plot a GPS course back to your tent fairly early on...:eek:

NOTE
They are not taking campsite reservations until June 15.

Asking a favor here. Could somebody PLEASE take yet another 'duty' off Sherpa & croo, take the bull by the horns, and fully organize a group 'morning after' (more like afternoon after) paddle down the Andro.

BoB will do that...any help or other river suggestions appreciated. There are lots of other opportunities in that area.

BoB will do that...any help or other river suggestions appreciated. There are lots of other opportunities in that area.
Will you also be giving the kayak tour in third person?

BoB thanks you- are you interested in paddling with us?

Although the upper Androscoggin is a great place, I suspect that most folks will not want to make the long drive up there. The odds of seeing Eagles are pretty good anywhere along the river north of Lewiston. The paddle that starts at the Rumford papermill and down to North Turner is a fun one as its a lot of fast water, but nothing really dangerous.

For closeness to Sherpas place, the stretch from Gilead to Bethel or Bethel to Hanover are some nice three hour paddles. The Gilead stretch starts out with some fast water that can be a challenge but then turns into flat water. There is a canoe rental place in Bethel so if folks need to rent a boat, its convienient. Its also pretty convienient to head back on route 2 to head back to Mass or catch Rt 5 south to get back to Portland.

Thanks!

Gris thinks (yes, sometimes he does) that closer is better, say Shelburn, etc. But Sherp really should be consulted and the goal (at in Gris' way of thinking) is the closest good paddle would be the most 'inclusive.'

Gris also has heard that there is a river paddle that dumps right into Sherp's lake so that the endpoint is back at the cabin. Now THAT would be cool, though I could see some (Chomp? amongst them) that might try to make that into a race, LOL.

All good.:D

I decided I am just showing up, having some fun and going where the wind blows me.. see what folks are doing and then deciding whats best. For me, its a party weekend - not so much a hiking weekend. food, beer, chill out, swim, bs with people haven't seen a while. thats just how I am rolling this year.. last couple of years, kind of tortured myself hiking hangover to hell - not drinking is simply not an option, so probably just hike to the outhouse and back all weekend. I am hoping to get some hiking in friday and then do my best shane macgowan impression for 2 days.

Yes, come to a fairly decent party...

I might go this year!

But, I don't know much - where, what to hike, the campground, etc.... but I'll figure all that out.

:)
Look back in this thread. IIRC there's a link to basic info from prev year re campin & not much has changed except i think MJ said CG reservation begin 6/15. folks typically share sites, YMMV... if you have a yak bring it for sure. beautiful lake right there. fantastic hiking (Mahoosuc/Grafton) w/in hour or so drive. great people, great food, great drink, etc. the more the merrier...:D

Nice avatar BoB. Never knew you were an international celebrity :cool:

Can I have your autograph?

I just tried calling the campground to make a reservation......they told me all tent sites are booked and nothing is available. Did everyone call first thing this morning or what???

-MEB