When the heck is Bearly Live 2009?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, this is getting blown out of proportion.To rent sites, ask for any available site. They have no more TENT sites. It will cost more, but you will get a site.

Nope. They outright refused me. Said it was their lobster/steak weekend and that it had booked up quickly.

Lobsta fest

Well it is all in the approach...

I called and said I wanted a cabin FOR the lobster fest and was offered one. they have sites available, and indeed I do plan on partaking in what they offer like BINGO (!!!!) and renting a surf bike .... wtf...

I am hoping to call them at the last min with a 'change' of plans and pay whatever needs paying to accommodate the numbers and hope it works.

"July 31-Aug. 2 Lobster & Steak Weekend (Friday 7:00 Bingo, Saturday 10:00 Ceramics with Patty $$, 1:00 Bag game/adult, 5:30 Lobster & Steak Supper, 7-10:00 Dance with "Sideshow Music" Tap & Nicole, Sunday No Buffet Breakfast, 10:00 Bocce Ball, 7:00 Pass the Buck )"

Nope. They outright refused me. Said it was their lobster/steak weekend and that it had booked up quickly.
Me too. I think they used caller ID since I had called before June 15th. I asked for anything and they said they had nothing at all that weekend.

Time to try stealth.

Oh ya!

Last yearthis was also lobtsah and steak weekend and they had their own band named...

The 'Sofa Kings,' who allegedly set a new std for goodness that we were compared to, as in are they really 'Sofa King good?'

I kid you not...:cool:

Frankly, I'm not willing to put up with the hassle from Two Lakes. If people are interested in getting some sites at a nearby campground and arranging for a few designated drivers (I volunteer to be one) let me know. Last year we had at least one person kicked out during the weekend, and I don't want to deal with that.

Frankly, I'm not willing to put up with the hassle from Two Lakes. If people are interested in getting some sites at a nearby campground and arranging for a few designated drivers (I volunteer to be one) let me know. Last year we had at least one person kicked out during the weekend, and I don't want to deal with that.

how far are the other campgrounds in that area?

Poland Spring Campground is about 8 miles from Sherpa's house; Google calls it a 14-minute drive.

Poland Spring Campground is about 8 miles from Sherpa's house; Google calls it a 14-minute drive.
That's what I'm looking at. Yes, it's a bit of a pain but so is staying at Two Lakes. Poland Spring Campground also looks like a family oriented place so getting a bunch of sites in one area might mitigate any noise complaints if we arrive back really late.

Heads up. Major construction on Rt 26 in Poland. Widening the road. Single lane at times. Don't know if traffic will impact the campground but it might be worth a question when you make your reservations.

I did a quick google search and found this listing which is much closer. I haven't called because I am unable to attend. Hope it helps!

Mirror Pond Campground
Town: Oxford
Address: 210 Tiger Hill Road, Oxford, ME 04270
Phone: 207-539-4888
Open: MD-LD
Sites: 40
Max Amperes: 30
Max RV Length: 35'
Facilities: tenting, full hookups, dump station, recreation hall, other swimming, boating, fishing, group area, pets, slideouts, pullthrus
Region: Western Lakes & Mountains
Located on crystal clear pond water for swimming, fishing, and canoeing. Electric and artesian water on each site in shaded pine grove. One pet per site only.
Campground telephone number is 207-539-9619, or 207-539-4888.

Hey

Find out what time/if they 'close.' That would seem to be the critical factor - whether folks straggling back at 2 a.m. can get to their tents...;)

Last year I set some of my family up at Papoose Pond Campground which was only about 25 min away. My wife and the children prefer a place with a swimming pool and it had an arcade with pool tables etc. I won't be able to attend the prestigious event due to a golden anniversary taking place for my parents Saturday. That is unless I get the green light sometime Saturday evening or the wee hours of Sunday am. I'm sure someone will still be up when/if I roll in!;)

(and, yes, I was born and raised in Maine, so no mater how early I left, and how far I go away, I am stil 'from Maine')
;)
You have apparently forgotten the rules of Northern NE lineage: once you live elsewhere, you will forever be "from away".

FWIW, I doubt very much that there is a gate of any kind at Mirror. Small, quaint.