When the heck is Bearly Live 2009?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same story. They recommended Poland Springs Campground, which would mean a few designated drivers. Not sure how far away that is.

holy crap.. really?

yeah, anyone got room on their site?

I didn't get one, either. We need room for 1 tent, 2 people. It won't be nearly as "fun" if we all aren't camped in walking distance, and Sherpa's place certainly can't accomodate the additional parking needs.

Who did actually get a site??? Anyone from here?????

Based on the number of people who already posted about this, there's no way we're all going to fit at Two Lakes. Time to look for alternatives.

Hmmm...something doesn't seem quite right here.

Oh, and needless to say, I am also without a campsite!

Wow,

Something definitly doesn't sound right...I wonder if they are just turning away our crowd??????

Can't believe they filled up so quickly!!!

I booked a site a week ago and they had plenty of sites available.....they did say that they were aware that I was "one of those hikers" group...they had my name on file from staying there last year...hmmmm

They were going to set up something so that they wouldn't get cheated by our group this year.....can't believe they would turn down so much business though?????

Maybe we will have to find an different campground and get a couple drivers for a shuttle for the weekend???

Not going to be as much fun if we're not all together....:mad:

Something is definatley up....I called last week and they told me they did not accept weekend requests until the 15th of June and that I had to call back today......and my name is not even on file! :mad::mad:

numbers do not add up..can we fill a cabin?

So the website post that there are 119 sites....are we that big?

There are cabins that can be rented, 56$/night sleeps 4 and one sleeps 6 I could (no history) rent one. I will be camping in the car so I do not need a bunk. Anyone interested? The one bummer is the cabins are down at the waters edge near the office.....

Isabelle

someone they dunno should

call up and pretend to be an evangelical group leader. say 'halelujah' every other word. need 10 sites for a prayer retreat. then maybe they'd let ya in. just a thot...:rolleyes:

one can only imagine what elese they have in store for us. perhaps a Po-leece raid...:mad:

I remember the owner fondly as the golf cart gestapo, it is a minor inconvenience
And that is all, I don't mind not giving him my money this year. I had to toss my tevas, the stink of septic in that campground was disgusting.

Last edited:
I asked about cabins and they said they were all full up. I don't know if they're really full or if they just don't want the Bearly Live crowd.

So the website post that there are 119 sites....are we that big?

No, but a LOT of that campground is seasonal sites, people who make their camper their "summer home" and have it there the whole time.

Guess we'll be commuting from off-site.

Last edited:
I think I'll give them a call and say, "Howdy, I'm from French Canada and I was the guy playing the flute with GreyKnob and the Bluffs at 2 am last summer! I'd like to come back this summer and bring all my relatives with me. My uncles (I have 7 of them) do a great rendition of When The Saints Come marching In with their trombone choir. Do your sites have enough room for 8 big tents?"

I can hear the banjo music already.:D

Time for the boss to weigh in on this ... someone poke Sherpa with a stick and wake him up, will ya?

Ok, I really am Sherpa, but if you drink enough alcohol, Steve-O can be mistaken for me :cool: I've been away for the past few weeks in the woods of ME/NH catching fish (sorry).

OK, this is getting blown out of proportion.To rent sites, ask for any available site. They have no more TENT sites. It will cost more, but you will get a site. On the plus side, the trailer sites have more space for 2 tents, but he limits sites to 4 adults. I recommend booking the site for 4 people right up front, and don't exceed that. If you absolutely must have more than 4 on a site, clear it with him beforehand. Tht is what upset him last year: at least one site had 6 campers, but paid for 4 (according to him).

The owner doesn't particularly like us, but his campers do. I would NOT mention BL: don't ask, don't tell.

Regarding sites at my place: Teejay and DougPaul get first dibs (as they already asked, and I set it aside). I can possibly add 6-8 more tents. eMail me if you need places to stay. Preference goes to those feeling the economic pinch :( One caveat: please shower at the campground! I have filled my septic every year I've held Bearly Live :eek:

FWIW, this will be another fun weekend. We will have more of the Bluffs playing, both acoustic, and electric. We'll also have FunkyFreddy, Joe Farren, and Steve "Otter" Holmes back again. I am really looking forward to hosting all of you again, and hope this goes on until the cows come home!