March 2nd Snowstorm

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikingmaineac

Reaction score
"All models now indicate an increasingly powerful storm will move up the east coast to find cold air settled over Northern New England. The result will be a significant snowstorm that begins late Sunday night and continues into Monday night."

- taken from Portland, ME news channel 13 weather

http://www.wgme.com/Weather/index.shtml

Last edited:
I'll take your 10-15' and up it to 12-16" :p

2995804710048820105VprDGp_th.jpg

Classic nor'easter for the big cities, from North Carolina to Maine! For as much snow as many have seen the past couple years, we haven't had one of these in awhile. Makes me happy.

grouseking

I can't believe I am about to say this, but UGH.

I am supposed to be in Boston at 9am tomorrow, and in Marlborough, MA in the afternoon. Fat flipping chance of that working.

See, this is why I strongly prefer when the snow falls where we can use it, and not where it's just a nuisance.

Flurries are already coming down here in the Boston suburbs.

Wow, I had no idea this was coming. Time to batten down the hatches, I guess.
-vegematic

Well, the models are still really having trouble with this, and for VT and western NH, I am not confident at all for this. I think this will be a big snow if models hold for central and eastern Mass away from the water and southeast NH into Maine., 12-14 for these areas. This could change, so we will see.

-Mattl

I was hoping against hope that we would get at least one more substantial storm and it is a feast for the eyes.
Sure hope it doesn't quit after 3" out in my neck of the woods. We never seem to get the predicted amounts.
Keeping the fingers crossed.

SE CT is expecting a 8-13 dropping at one station & 10-16 on TWC.

Appears to be coastal areas in the cross hairs, although that area may also get sleet mixed in.

I'm is SE CT so %^&@*DN Snow. I was getting used to it being brown. Don't mind driving north to play in it but prefer not shoveling & watching out for NE's worst drivers, CT, as they slide on by.....

Hoping for a snow day!

this winter has been nice for us Boston/Cambridge folks--although I love going up north to ski and snowshoe, it's nice not to have to drive some days. Great to be able to ski out the door from my house, and I live in Cambridge.

Hopefully it will snow enough to shut down the office. Doubtful, but I'm crossing fingers and toes...

This is a big one! The local schools where I am already canceled shool for tomorrow. Up to 3" of snow in Augusta, Georgia! I bet the 13th hole looks great covered in white.

In Somerville, MA: 6 inches on the ground this morning and still coming down strong. Wet snow, hard to shovel. Got my morning exercise this morning getting all that stuff off the sidewalk and car. At least another 2-4 inches expected today.

Only about 2" thus far here in the Lakes Region.

Only about 2" thus far here in the Lakes Region.

Depends on what part of the "Lakes Region". I just measured 9" on my deck and it's coming down heavy. Last storm (last Sun-Mon) we were predicted to get a couple inches. I woke up to and shoveled 18 1/2"! It was reported that New Durham got hit hard with ~17". They didn't come a few doors down and measure here.

6"+ in Freeport and coming down hard. Thankfully it's light and fluffy. Makes the shoveling so much easier and no power outages expected this time..
:)

Depends on what part of the "Lakes Region". I just measured 9" on my deck and it's coming down heavy. Last storm (last Sun-Mon) we were predicted to get a couple inches. I woke up to and shoveled 18 1/2"! It was reported that New Durham got hit hard with ~17". They didn't come a few doors down and measure here.

Woohoo! For once, it appears we're getting less snow than everyone else!

About 2" so far here in the *northeastern* Lakes Region :)