Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"thinking of taking her on a short hike with nice views.....got many different suggestions but all i really know is Mt. Jo by the LOJ"

You might think about going to Owl's Head (near Cascade), Mt Van Hoevenburg (Neil just hiked there with Sylvie and I went with Barbara a few summers ago), or hike Indian Head/Fish Hawk Cliffs in the Ausable Club.

All great short hikes with excellent views.

Baxter
Giant's Nubble
Big Crow
Goodnow
Belfry

Mt Van Hoevenberg has spectacular views of many of the High peaks including Algonquin, Colden and Marcy plus a dead-on view of Gothics' North Wall. It's only a 740 foot climb and the grade is easy. You can't go wrong with it as a choice.

Mt Van Hoevenberg has spectacular views of many of the High peaks including Algonquin, Colden and Marcy plus a dead-on view of Gothics' North Wall. ...

Not to mention Wallface, Mt. Jo, and lovely views of South Meadow and the beaver pond you pass on your way up.

Last edited:
Is anyone heading over from the Mount Washington Valley area that would be interested in carpooling?

Just curious...

;)

Is anyone heading over from the Mount Washington Valley area that would be interested in carpooling?

Just curious...

;)
Sure! I'm leaving Main Street Dental in Plymouth, just as soon as I finish with patients and notes. Should be between 4 and 4:30 pm on Thursday 8/6/09. I'll be going home (< 10 minutes.) to get Zippy first.

Last edited:
That would be swell, except I will still be at a work meeting in Newport RI until about 6pm on Thursday, before the drive home to Wonalancet to rescue my sitter from my dog...

Bummer, But I am begining to think I would need a longer weekend than available for this.

hum, let me scheme a little more...

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I will not be in Hawaii during this event. Which means I might actually have to attend.

- darren

I should have my kayak with me, may go for a leisurely paddle friday afternoon (wont be up there til then), then perhaps either a hike or another leisurely paddle on saturday....

Juniper, I just did HaBaSa last saturday, the slabs on saddleback are very dry which makes it nice. East face of Basin though, is another story!

Jay

Follow Up

Alright I have a few stragglers out there. Prino, Metsky, Neil, Mavs,to name a few, will you be camping out with us?

Chinooktrail I hope you can make it.

Coldfeet I am glad your wife is coming it will be nice to meet her.

Bubba- are you out there?

On Saturday I plan on Kayaking with Emily and Bob (of course anyone can join in:D). It will be something fairly simple in water that Emily can take a swim in. Any recommendations?

Oh, I'm most likely staying with a friend by Lincoln Pond... but I hope to drop by!

Jay

I'm going to have to bail........have too many long drive weekends and really want to get over to ADK for a longer weekend.......:confused:

Can't get out of work til late Fri.....:mad:

Sorry to miss this, I was looking forward to coming!!!!

Thx for the many suggestions....I have the Adk high peaks book and I'm checking out all of the suggestions.....thx for all the help......

Maddi, any info on where the tent sites are?...I think I'm pulling in around 9-10 Friday night.....

Due to too many beers while playing softball, i read this thread the other week and thought this event was last weekend. Hence my surprise while I read this today to find out that it is coming up... I was planning on taking Friday off from work and hike in the Dak's anyway, so I might join up with some people if they want any more stragglers to join them.

Sooooo...hikes. Paradox and I are planning to grab a couple of Great Range peaks on Friday. Haystack and Basin, most likely, although I'll try to convince him to throw Saddleback in the mix too. If anyone else is around for Friday, the more the merrier!

Rebecca
How do we attack these puppies? From the LOJ in and out? Or from the LOJ to a car spot at the Garden? Or something else?