Amazing rescue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this on ESPN and could not believe that it did not get more attention. I am hoping it gets some more press. Made me even more inconsolable about not currently having a dog!

I lived in that area for a few years and have run/biked in that exact spot dozens of times. She has quite a resume of accomplishments and mishaps.

Wow! Thanks Stinkyfeet, that is an amazing tale! And very well written! What a dog is right!

Hell of a story. A person like that deserves to live another day.

However...,

Between this and the two Oregon stories of late ("Nikko" Cooke and partners; James Kim), I'm reminded of the precariousness of life in the outback. Kim seems to have had little choice, but the rest of us go out there on purpose, and the safety equation seems to be very clear: few Mulligans, watch your step!

God bless Ballengee, and I hope her 'bag of experience' got a great big addition for the next time out the door. As Reagan said, "Trust, but verify."

Can you believe you saw Ronald Reagan quoted for back-country safety?

This is the stuff movies are made of. Good to hear some good news on the outdoor front. Amazing dog.

Positively incredible! Thanks for posting this.

trailbiscuit said:
This is why it sucks to be allergic to dogs.

Trailbiscuit, there are some dogs that have "hair" not fur and are OK for people with allergies.

What a great story

....about a remarkable woman and an even more remarkable dog. Thanks for sharing.

and Soft-coated Wheatens are practically hypo-allergenic!

Hokay...

I'll commit the faux pas of copying & pasting the article:

:cool:

<mod>
Sorry, but we ask that people do not post copyright articles on this site. Please just post a link to the article.

-dave-
</mod>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks for bringing that article to my attention. It never ceases to amaze me how smart dogs really are.....without that pooch...she surely would've perished....

Amazing story indeed.!!!!

M