AMC Four-Thousand-Footer Committee Awards on April 25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is attending the FTFC dinner and for what?

• Total voters
Mountain49; I totally look like my avatar...you should have no trouble recognizing me. And in general, the VfTT crowd tends to draw attention to itself like some sort of mind sucking vortex...:D

Going to be in attendance with my son who finished his NH48, i'll get my scroll too as i didn't submit my list until i submitted his. Heading to PN for an am trek into Tucks to watch the show. Hope to see many to put faces with the names

ctsparrow....Sue and Nate...i'm the old lady :eek:with the cute hockey hair kid. :D.he'll be wearing his NH48 hat that he made for his last couple climbs.

Heh heh, you VFTT only people know we ROT folk don't bite, right....oh well, two seperate cheer sections had their benifits. :D

Glad to meet some new faces, always glad to see some old ones. President Un-elect Snyder, ManBearPig Howes, Tom "Wildpeaks", DaveBear, Sabrina, MJ, Cumulus, and of course my boy Russ McRat were just a few I was proud to cheer on....grats everyone ;)

Brian

P.S. Oh yeah, and forgot....WAY TO GO P2Piper and WOWSER! Whene we doing Vose ladies!? :)

The details are fuzzy but I will try to recap....

Congrats to everyone and thanks to Dougeh for organizing the before-party and to Tim (Bikehikeskifish) for those great seats at the ceremony!

This was my first time at the awards and I had a fun time. Seems like every time a name got called, I'd think, "Gee, he/she looks familiar!".

Special thanks to the Four Thousand Footers Committee for putting this on -- I spoke briefly to Erik Savage who said that the push really comes at the beginning of April as folks rush to send in their applications, and the Committee works hard to make sure everyone who sends in an application will be recognized at the ceremony. Its good to remember all the behind the scenes work that goes on!

I believe (someone please correct me..Tim:D) that there were 250 all season NH4K finishers this year, somewhere in the ballpark of 22 NE67 finishers, about a dozen combined NH4k/NE4K finishers, maybe a dozen NEHH finishers (Go, MichaelJ!) and about 12 NE111ers to finish this year...as for "all on one peak" 4k finishers, I think there was actually only one this year!!!:):p:rolleyes:;).

Winter lists --- very impressive! Al Dwyer, MarcHowes and Doc Ross stand out for completing some incredibly tough winter lists --way to go, guys!! I think you are going to have to put your heads together and come up with a new list that you can pursue!

Big congrats to Ed and Lauky -- Lauky got his all season 48 and Ed was recognized as having brought two dogs to completion! Go ED!

We've done a little tabulating and figure we don't have too many peaks to get Terra her all season 48 patch -- the completer dog #100 is open so maybe we'll give it a go! We'll see what she thinks....

Good job to everyone!!! Hope to see some of you on the trails again soon!

Brian -- I noticed that, as well (the two separate cheering sections).

When Dave Bear showed up (I think he was the last person to arrive, just as things were beginning) and the Dave Bear Universal Fan Club began cheering him, we saw him torn a bit, not sure which section to sit in. :)

Clay

Awww..Brian, did you feel left out....sad...where we supposed to sit together?? Sorry, I must have missed the memo...(jokingly)...I seem to recall a couple different invitations being floated around for the before, during and after...Dude, you just need to learn to spread yourself around and smooze! <smiley>

Intentionally separate sections?? Posh. Some of us sit down in front due to our poor eyesight!!

Congrats again to everyone, that's what its all about -- we are all one big community and what pulls us together is our love of the mountains.

Last edited:
We also had a great time meeting old friends and making new friends. Lauky had his moment of glory and reveled in it.

LAUKYworkingthecrowd.jpg

Here Lauky is working the crowd before the presentations.

008-1.jpg

Here Lauky is receiving his certificate.

013.jpg

Here Sabrina receiving her certificate and working the crowd

I believe (someone please correct me..Tim:D) that there were 250 all season NH4K finishers this year, somewhere in the ballpark of 22 NE67 finishers, about a dozen combined NH4k/NE4K finishers, maybe a dozen NEHH finishers (Go, MichaelJ!) and about 12 NE111ers to finish this year...as for "all on one peak" 4k finishers, I think there was actually only one this year!!!:):p:rolleyes:;).

The number 259 sticks in my mind. I'm not positive though. This link is through (part of?) 2008 - hopefully it will get updated shortly.

Lauky definitely knew how to work a crowd, especially those who were about his size ;)

Tim

Here are some additional shots (sorry they're blurry...I was sitting near bikehikelugecurl, who said camera flashes cause dysentery, so I had to rely on high ISO and my (very un-)steady hands):

Barkingcat:
4k2k09barkingcat.jpg

Bikehikesurfballet:
4k2k09bikehikelugerun.jpg

Oldman:
4k2k09oldman.jpg

Una_dogger:
4k2k09unadogger.jpg

MichaelJ:
4k2k09michaelj.jpg

Awww..Brian, did you feel left out....

Nope, just joking is all. :p In fact, I would say on average the ROT group was a bit bigger when combined...there seemed to be a small VFTT contingent supplemented with a few more scatered around (like P2Piper and Wowser). :D As for Dave, he may have been torn, but in the end he was there thanks to my phone and Dougs directions (I'll let him explaine that one if he wants to ;) )

Brian

Ha ha! Very cute, Ed. Great seeing you and Lauky, and meeting the lovely Mrs Ed n'Lauky!

Hey Bri, too bad you guys didn't think of going up front and signing Dave Bear in so he'd get his name called -- that's cool --we had him covered! I tried to play a little trick on the Bear, but he spotted me....

Nice pics, Jeremy, thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Egads, is there really that little hair up on the top of my head? I thought I just had a short haircut!

Congrats to the canines and to everyone! Sorry we didn't have time to mingle too much. Had to relieve the babysitter.

Here is Stanley the wonder dog who received his all-season patch
cabot8.jpg