Boston Potluck Saturday, November 4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
Bring brownies, extra for me to take home too! :D Or I will tell you to stay home next year! ;)

bubba said:
Good luck with that!

In the war for bubba's brownies we take no prisoners ... just brownies and shamelessly at that!

Last Minute Changes...

I will be in the Whites Saturday night. Hope you guys have fun...bummed I can't make it, but I can't stop this "going up to hike every weekend" business. I think it is a sickness.

Be safe, have fun, and I will try to make the next gathering.

miehoff said:
.....I can't stop this "going up to hike every weekend" business. I think it is a sickness.......
HA is the answer.
That's short for Hikers Anonomous :D On a trip up to Jefferson last winter a group of us was discussing the exact phenomenon....it's crazy how addicting it gets but there are MUCH worse vises to be had, although I'm not so sure how much less expensive they are! :)

UNFROZENCAVEMAN said:
HA is the answer.
That's short for Hikers Anonomous :D On a trip up to Jefferson last winter a group of us was discussing the exact phenomenon....it's crazy how addicting it gets but there are MUCH worse vises to be had, although I'm not so sure how much less expensive they are! :)

It is an addiction - but a good one. Hikers who cannot hike this weekend go to gatherings where they will discuss all things hiking!

Hiking is cheap - after you buy everything, then buy the newer lighter versions, then wear them out and replace them, then decide that no one should really have less than 5 backpacks, and .... :D

Hello, my name is...

HI MIEHOFF!

Yea, it is odd, but as I drive home from a weekend in the mountains, I find myself thinking about what I will hike next. I am not really a "peak bagger," I am more interested in hiking trails that I have never been on. Sort of a "trail bagger" I suppose. I just look at a map of the Whites and find a trail that I have not been on and go, "I should do that next weekend."

And the weather has been great lately, especially the weekend weather.

Thanks for understanding. I appreciate the support.

Miehoff,
If WE don't understand, then there's nobody in the whole world who will.

Bubba! Get your tush over here! Hmm, Cooper is coming along? No problem with getting trampled? And no dominance/poop on the unfamiliar rug issues? Just want to be ready.

Oh, no! That's what I was afraid of -- the hostess says "Come!"

Still on the fence, but leaning toward a driving adventure. Coop's not coming to the party!! I'll tell him about it on the way home. :p Anyhow - he's well adjusted, loves everyone and other dogs. Besides, don't forget, Genie is a western New York transplant herself and will surely want to play with him for a short visit outside!!

Hmmmm......

bubba said:
.....Still on the fence, but leaning toward a driving adventure. Coop's not coming to the party!! I'll tell him about it on the way home. :p ..

First of all you say on the fence in one sentence then say that you'll tell Coop on the way home in another....which is it? The fact that you are still on the fence and the wife is out of town (read: free weekend in my book) is ridiculous. Two words for ya Bubba (and they aren't "DO IT"):
BRING BROWNIES :D

Bubba....what are you still doing home??????

I'd drive there if I could, but I am still waiting for them to finish the tunnel.

- darren

you should go because darren and i have a present for you, and then i don't have to mail it, i can just BRING it tomorrow!!!

oh yeah, you should also go because WE are ALL going to be there, and EVERYBODY'S doing it!

let me know what you are doing...tj has my digits if you don't!

carm

miehoff said:
HI MIEHOFF!

. I am not really a "peak bagger," I am more interested in hiking trails that I have never been on. Sort of a "trail bagger" I suppose. I just look at a map of the Whites and find a trail that I have not been on and go

A very good way to be!
:)

I had an awesome time at the ..... wait a minute...oh, it was nice talking to some of you on the phone. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

- darren

Marty thought it was a great party!

Thank you so much, Pat and Audrey. You are amazing hosts! Nice to meet so many new people and to see those of you I have gotten to know over the years. It was a wonderful time.

Good luck on your upcoming adventures starting on Saturday, Pat and Audrey!!!

Thank you Pat and Audrey for sharing your special occasion with us. I am glad I met many wonderful people too many to name and seeing old faces again. Look forward again to seeing you all again!

I'm still stuffed!

Great time! Nice seeing "old" friends and meeting all the new people, always good to put a face & voice to a (screen)name! Special thanks to Audrey and Pat for graciously opening there home to everyone and to teejay for getting me there and una_dogger for getting me home and bunchberry for getting me food, and...... well everyone for accomodating a "capper"! :D It was GREAT to get out of the house for a weekend :)

darren said:
oh, it was nice talking to some of you on the phone.

For the record, I had a plate of food in one hand and a drink in the other. I was *not* a part of the "finger" crew. :)

Thanks as always Audrey & Pat for your wonderful hospitality. It was great to see old friends and new, hear and tell stories, gossip, and partake in the most amazing foodstuffs!

See you all on the trails (be them hiking or ski).
:)