Boston Potluck Saturday, November 4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a wonderful time, thanks to the 50 or so of you who showed up. The stay-overs woke up this morning in good cheer and we spent the morning eating leftovers and trading more stories.

Darren, come home soon, we miss you. You may not get better without a good dose of cold, damp November air (New Englanders have a different metabolism).

My take: Wow! We all fix up real good when we are away from the trails!! Simply dashing -- each and every one of us!!

Not only are Audrey and Pat wonderful hosts, but they do so in a beautiful home that they so willingly open to all of us. How wonderful they are!!

The food was spectacular -- when I walked into the dining room/kitchen and saw the spread, I thought this is SOME smorgasbord. I wish I knew how made what - it was all very special.

I was nearly home by the time y'all got done with coffee and kibitzing!! Next time I'll plan more time away. Cooper says he really liked your backyard (another wow - so did I!!). He thinks you ought to bring Genie up to the cottage to run and play in the water! Cooper has a new word in his vocabulary -- "Massachusetts" It means ride in car for long time!!

I'm so glad I took the time to drive over and that so many others showed up. Great group! The best part is that we keep getting better with each new addition and new experience. Do we have pictures??

Lastly - I received a "bubba" patch from Darren and Carmel... direct from Hawaii from a place called Bubba's Burger!! Can't wait to put it on my backpack!! At Bubba's "they relish your buns!"
(Warning - music plays at Bubba's web link.)

thank you pat and audrey!!

HUGE thanks to the two of you for opening your house up to all of us on Saturday night...it was a great evening (of course!) and I was so impressed by the quantity of people and quality of yummy food and treats!

I loved meeting new people and catching up with friends I haven't seen in way too long...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-katie

It was a great time! Tho, it felt surreal being indoors with everyone in street clothes. I kept thinking we should be outside burning something! Fortunately, I was sober enough to not start a bonfire with Pat & Audrey's furniture! :D

Thanks to everyone, especially our congenial hosts -- and Genie, the LNT Lab, who made sure there wasn't a crumb of delicious food wasted!

Many thanks, Audrey and Pat, for the hospitality. Any Gathering is a great event and each seems more special than the last. Looking forward to seeing more of you all, on trail and off.

Periwinkle said:
It was a great time! Tho, it felt surreal being indoors with everyone in street clothes. I kept thinking we should be outside burning something! Fortunately, I was sober enough to not start a bonfire with Pat & Audrey's furniture! :D
You always seem to catch the essence of the evening!! Too funny!!

IS GENIE SPAYED?
They both are!!! What's with that, huh?? Maybe he was confused and thought Massachusetts meant try and get some?? :eek:

bubba said:
You always seem to catch the essence of the evening!! Too funny!!

They both are!!! What's with that, huh?? Maybe he was confused and thought Massachusetts meant try and get some?? :eek:

Well - i guess it makes sense - humans that are "fixed" still play... :D

It was good meeting some of the other VFTT folks. Thanks to Pat and Audrey for hosting.

Steve

Thanks Pat and Audrey for hosting, it was a great time. It was nice to see those I know, and it was even better putting new names and faces together. I hope to see you all again soon.

bubba said:
Lastly - I received a "bubba" patch from Darren and Carmel... direct from Hawaii from a place called Bubba's Burger!! Can't wait to put it on my backpack!! At Bubba's "they relish your buns!"

Bubba, the rest of the gift will be in the mail. Sadly, it is not this bag of beans:

bubbath.jpg

If anyone does go to Bubba's, you have to get the double hubba bubba burger with chili. Da Kine!

- darren