Colvin/Blake via Ausable Lake

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmassey

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if it was legal to snowshoe/ski across Lower Ausable Lake to gain access to the trail running up to Colvin/Blake. I would think not but it can't hurt to ask. Thanks-Bob.

If you get caught, you will be sent back and be made retrace your path back to the legal trail.
I know that several years ago, the Ausable Club was very vigilant in watching for trespassing hikers.

There is a sign at the AMR register clearly stating that the access to the lakes is not permitted at any time. They are not part of the easement with NYS which allows hiker access to marked trails.

Currently there is a lot of snowmobile traffic on the road and lakes with AC employees moving supplies to/from the upper lake, so it is likely you will be seen and reported if you trespass.

Just wear your top hat and walrus mustache and carry sacks of money and they’ll think you’re a member.

Yeah, I doubt they'd give this guy a hard time if he were crossing the lake...

AusableClubhiker.jpg

If you trepass on AMR property odds are that you will be shot, preferably right between the eyes, according to one of the guards that I interrogated at the gate last summer.