Do we want more snow?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want more snow in the mountains this winter?

• Yes, bring it on!

Votes: 106 69.3%
  • No, isn't it time for spring?

Votes: 47 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
142" in Wolfeboro so far this winter.
Wolfeboro Snow

In Sandown where I live, we got nowheres near that. Still very few bare patches for us but the snow is shrinking.

On the Twinway near Mt Zealand last Monday, there must've been 6 feet of snow at least, it's amazing and gave us views of Guyot, Bonds and Twins that are rarely seen from very near the summit.
winzealand5.jpg

Whoa, I seem to recall that sign being at eye level with probably a couple feet of snow on the ground:

January 2005

Back on topic, I'm changing my vote: I'm ready to set up a nice photo and fiddle with my camera's little buttons without freezing my fingers off, and maybe even stand around waiting for the sunset.

Could somebody more savvy than I could start a new poll with the same subject so we could see the results starting March 26... I would bet that the "No" answer would get a bit more popular now ;)

Chabela said:
Could somebody more savvy than I could start a new poll with the same subject so we could see the results starting March 26... I would bet that the "No" answer would get a bit more popular now ;)
My "yes" answer certainly wouldn't change. Remember that May a few years back where we got 6 feet of snow on Washington? That was heaven. Tucks and GoS skiing until July. :)

What an awesome winter .......over 200 inches at Sugarloaf so far and if this April is anything like last April (100 inches), we could be close to or at 300 inches, so bring it on !! There are absolutely no signs of spring yet.....weather last weekend was single digits and very windy (90 + mph gusts on Friday ) !! Tentative closing date is May 4th.......after that skinning and skiing !!! :D

Latest forecasts have 4-8" from southern NH up to the whites, starting early Friday morning. Bring it on!

Quietman said:
Latest forecasts have 4-8" from southern NH up to the whites, starting early Friday morning. Bring it on!

If by it you mean warm weather and melting, then I'm with you!

Oldmanwinter said:
You can never have too much snow, bring it on!

We have too much up north - there are real concerns about severe flooding when what we have melts - we really don't need any more!

Attended a slide presentation about early spring flowers at TMCC last night for some hope. Now, there's a couple inches of fresh s....s....s....future river water on the ground. April is next week, no matter what!!!!

happy spring :)

thank you old man winter for ruining yet another weekend of alpine climbing. just enough snow and wind to ruin it - I guess I can't get one god damn weekend of decent weather in NH. Stinking storm couldn't be on Tuesday?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

giggy said:
thank you old man winter for ruining yet another weekend of alpine climbing. just enough snow and wind to ruin it - I guess I can't get one god damn weekend of decent weather in NH. Stinking storm couldn't be on Tuesday?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You need to learn how to ski :) Makes the Brews taste better afterwards ;)

forestgnome said:
Attended a slide presentation about early spring flowers at TMCC last night for some hope. Now, there's a couple inches of fresh s....s....s....future river water on the ground. April is next week, no matter what!!!!

happy spring :)

If it makes you feel any better, there is a chance we could be 55-60 next Tuesday. :)

there is a chance we could be 55-60 next Tuesday

It seems like I'll be 55-60 (years old) by the time spring hits the north country. I'm now really ready for spring.