Gathering 8.5 - narrowing it down

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your choice for Gathering 8.5 accommodations?

• White Wolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tea Pond Camps

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Cupsuptic Campground

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Go back to the drawing board (i.e. find another region)

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
spencer a scotch man

I hope he remembers the top shelf stuff i brought. I got some 15 year old laphroaig this year. Last year I made a lot of people quite merry.

Oh, I remember Hikerfast. I was just sorry I was already snookered and could only enjoy a couple of sips!

although, someone left behind a bottle that Sherpa brought over to our cabin for me, along with case of beer with some wounded soldiers.

well, I think it's settled! this is going to be great! Another hearty thanks to GO (Dr. it doesn't work to put his name in the middle of a sentence without the caps, despite how he signs his name :D ).

spencer

GO and Vo are the BEST!

Thanks GO, I'll pitch in for 2 Port-a-potty's, one for me and the one for everyone else... I think a donation to GO would be awesome....WOW! you have no idea what you're getting into....just kidding! :p

I've got it on my calendar...I'm looking to be there.

It looks like the best way for me to get to Kingfield ME from northern NY is to cross over to Canada and then head east through Montreal and beyond.

Anyone along this route interested in carpooling?

Artex said:
Definitely! But we need to really explore the space this time. I mean, really... explore the space.

That Video is so funny! I never really noticed the cowbell in that song until I saw this..... Cracked me up. :D

See y'all again in January.....don't forget I'm in for the carpooling CrazyMama!

Last edited:
I,m not sure who ""GO"" is or where he lives , but daaaaammmed if it doesnt sound like fun. I,m in . I''ll mark it on the calendar. And this time Slammy can clean the porta johns.......

MichaelJ said:
I say w00t! GO is awesome, I'll vouch for his yard, and we simply need to make sure nobody does any yak imitations (ie, we have to behave). :)

Where would we be able to go for showers? I wouldn't want to use GO's hot water and septic system. Is there anyplace with coin-ops or something similar available?

I'm not aware of any coin ops in the sugarloaf area, but there is the health club at Sugarloaf that is near the inn, 1/3 mile below the base lodge. They have showers, pool, sauna, hot tub, and raquetball. My favorite is the outside hot tub, right next to the ski trail.

king tut said:
…there is the health club at Sugarloaf that is near the inn, 1/3 mile below the base lodge. My favorite is the outside hot tub, right next to the ski trail.

Last season some of us were in the condo directly across the road from that hot tub. I got odd looks for walking over there in just my bathing suit (through the snow, mud, and rain).

MichaelJ said:
Last season some of us were in the condo directly across the road from that hot tub. I got odd looks for walking over there in just my bathing suit (through the snow, mud, and rain).

I apologize for the locals giving you weird looks. We get some Canadian skiiers up there, but it's not often that we see Americans walking around outside in their speedos.