How many hikes did you do this Winter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hikes did you do this Winter?

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • 1-4

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • 5-10

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • 11-20

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A dozen for me too. Highlights were the Kinsmans via Fishin Jimmy, Black Mtn in Benton, Owl's Head via Black Pond, Tripyramids via Sabbaday, Moosilauke for Mad Townie's 48th, a 4 day vacation in early January where I visited Jennings Peak, Cherry Mtn, Randolph and Crescent, and Chocorua - and best of all was Carrigain for my 48th on a gorgeous day!

Not enough but fine times regardless..... the quantity of my hikes wasn't much, but the quality and company was great in all cases!

You know who you are, so I would like to thank all of you for the good times on the trail this winter in Vermont, the Catskills, and ADK's! :)

Last edited:
I added a 20+ option. Just report the post to the mods if you want something edited. I haven't been reading this thread.

If you count days on skis (and I do) it's 20+ for me.

-dave-

One a Month, rats I knew I shoudl have done Cannon when I had the chance, just so I could move up to the 5-10 selection!

Dec. Carrigain
Jan. Tri's
Feb. Carter Dome
March Washington

I only managed 3 hiking days... but what great days they were... included 3 adk46ers. Seeing as Dave included ski days, I did too. I had 11 of those. So a grand total of 14.

I forgot to keep count!..... but I was out most every weekend and a few days during the week. Some highlights.... hiking in the White Mountains..... 1st time in 10+/- years!!

And... some nice hikes in the Catskills and the Adirondacks!!!... It was a great winter!!.... Every day was beautiful in is own right from the crystal clear "see for miles" days to the windy/overcast/snowy or 100' visibilty days... They were all great and I am sorry to see the season end.

Winter season goes by so quick, especially with X-mas/Holiday Season at the front end of it.... I always wish I got a few more in... :)

Thanks to all I shared hikes with and all that broke trials before me!!!

David Metsky said:
I added a 20+ option. Just report the post to the mods if you want something edited. I haven't been reading this thread.

If you count days on skis (and I do) it's 20+ for me.

-dave-
Thanks, but it seems that this happens every time I create a poll, which is admittedly not very often. Over to 'site help' we go...

14 peakbagging hikes (18 4k's & 11 3k's), and several local snowshoe jaunts wandering aimlessly thru the woods.

Onestep

13 hikes to 25 peaks. All in the Catskills. Completed the W35 and worked on the HH.

Had some really great snowshoe conditions once the snow finally fell.

Weather cooperated this Winter. I was able to get out every weekend. I was able to get 15 4,000' and one day with no summit. It was a very enjoyable snowshoe and I didn't mind not summiting in the least. I was sorry to see the Winter season end but have already had two great weekends with great Spring (early Spring) conditions. Being above tree line when its relatively warm and while there is still snow on the peaks is great consulation for the end of Winter.

How many hikes did I do this winter...

none- I'm a backpacker.

How many backpacks this winter- only a few- not nearly enough.