I'm published!?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsxc

Reaction score
Technically, yes. If you got Backcountry.com's magazine/catalog, check it out. My review of the Mountain Hardwear Alchemy is on the fourth page, right after the intro. They even credited me! It's super short, but hey, it's the first content page of the magazine and it says my name! Anyway, I'm excited and wanted to share. Woo hoo!

Technically, yes. If you got Backcountry.com's magazine/catalog, check it out. My review of the Mountain Hardwear Alchemy is on the fourth page, right after the intro. They even credited me! It's super short, but hey, it's the first content page of the magazine and it says my name! Anyway, I'm excited and wanted to share. Woo hoo!

I liked their marketing approach with this not-catalog. It was explained well, was refreshing, and seems to speak to many of us, even if it is just a more clever iteration of marketing from a younger breed of marketers.

Nice job, Dude.

Well that calls for a new avatar pic, don'cha think? ;)

I was half-heartedly flipping through this last night after dinner, looking for the climbing articles. Will have to go back and read your review. Two out of my three softshells are MH, so I'll hafta look at the Alchemy (if they still make it) when one needs replaced.

I liked their marketing approach with this not-catalog. It was explained well, was refreshing, and seems to speak to many of us, even if it is just a more clever iteration of marketing from a younger breed of marketers.

Nice job, Dude.

Yes -- my sentiments exactly (including the "nice job, Dude").

I really like this new "non-catalog"...

Congrats.

Mine came the other day, and I immediately put it in the catalog pile, to be read when I want to drool. But now that I know it's a not-catalog, it'll have to sit in it's own pile. A standout among few. Truly great marketing!

Thanks guys. It's definitely not a catalog, but it is an excellent promotion none the less. I really do enjoy writing about the outdoors/gear and, by my own estimate, ought to be drawing a small salary from Backcountry for all the reviews, photos, and answers I've contributed to their site. ;)

Hey J. Dub, think Darren would change my title from "Senior Member" to "Gear Guy" or something along those lines?