MAGIC the gathering IV

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Event - Mega Anti-Establishment Gathering in the Catskills (part IV).

Time: -Oct 2-4th

Place, somewhere in the catskills... Might be Sundown (by Peekamoose/Table) or perhaps Allaben if we have a small enough crowd..

Why: Why not?

Who: Me, a few others who wish not to be identified. Hopefully, Mookie doesn't see this thread! :)

Jay

Sounds like fun,I would be up for some hiking. Maybe a traverse.Anyone up for a Peekamoose-Table-Slide-Cornell-Wittenberg traverse?Ending at the end of Moon haw rd.. This would keep the car spotting drive short.Lots of views along the way.

That would be cool if you and Zippy can make it, doesn't sound like the new england gathering is going to affect it either.

Hermit: sounds good, we'll plan something as it gets closer.

Jay

Event - Mega Anti-Establishment Gathering in the Catskills (part IV).

Time: -Oct 2-4th

Place, somewhere in the catskills... Might be Sundown (by Peekamoose/Table) or perhaps Allaben if we have a small enough crowd..

Jay

Sundown was nice. I'm not familiar with Allaben. I've written this in darkly, though with pencil. If Paradox really wants to show I'll make an extra effort. He left some 15 year old single malt Scottish swamp water at my house we have yet to finish.

...weird shoulder plateaus suddenly appear in the sides of mountains, invisible grouse exploding from underfoot, plane wrecks below, stealth bombers above, abandoned resort complexes, mysterious rock furniture formations, towns lost to reservoirs, dutch naming every other thing "something"kills. freakin strange area, in general, am I'm sure I've only scratched the surface here.

Allaben is by Shandaken, off Rt 28. The only problem with Sundown is it's kind of remote for most of the high peaks other than Peekamoose/Table and the couple of smaller peaks, and the Long Path. And it's far off the Thruway for those of the community that has long drives. Allaben is a bit more central, but it's probably not as "group" friendly as it's just some free forestry campsites, no outhouses or anything and smaller.

Jay

Sounds like fun,I would be up for some hiking. Maybe a traverse.Anyone up for a Peekamoose-Table-Slide-Cornell-Wittenberg traverse?Ending at the end of Moon haw rd.. This would keep the car spotting drive short.Lots of views along the way.

I'm totally in for the traverse!!!

Awwww...Sundown is soooo pretty, peaceful and quiet! And surrounded by beautiful mountains (I admit I have no clue where Alaben is!!)

Hoping to make it now that there is an official date! Will depend on my work schedule. I'd be very interested in getting the Burroughs Range!

I need them all for my fall round. If I can make it I'd be up for that.

Bill

RockLedge, It's a fun event, it's sort of run like the other gatherings, pot luck on saturday night and fend for yourself on friday night... Hope you can make it. There are a lot of "Bills" in the catskills.. :p

Jay