MAGIC the gathering IV

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like fun,I would be up for some hiking. Maybe a traverse.Anyone up for a Peekamoose-Table-Slide-Cornell-Wittenberg traverse?Ending at the end of Moon haw rd.. This would keep the car spotting drive short.Lots of views along the way.

Definitely up for a traverse like this! :D

We should probably start in Moon Haw and end at Peekamoose rd.I was on part of the rt. last Thur.,and hiked to Wittenberg-Cornell-Slide and back to Moon Haw. The old Van Benschoten rt. had some nettles which I knocked down.This would not be a spot to hike out in the dark. It's more like a bushwhack for the most part.My friend may join us for his once a year hike.

We're interested, although with a wee one we're more weather dependent (and we are planning on the ADKs one weekend, not sure which one yet). Will update closer to the weekend!

Great PG, haven't seen you or steve in a bit.... I seem to be almost running into you a couple of times in the catskills it seems though. Hope you can make it!

Jay

OK, I am officially OFF that weekend!! I hope to make it! The traverse sounds wicked awesome!!
I will be just getting back from Baxter wednesday night, so as long as my gear is dry and I can still hike a few more days, I'll be there! :)

Oct 2-4

BUMP....

Just want to move it up to the top of the pile and keep it in everyone's mind.

Hoping for a great weather weekend and meeting some new folks!!

Happy Trails - Cindy

Should be a fun weekend, Bring a pooper scooper...

I may be in the area before then or so, depending on what I feel like doing... but should have some nice fall weather hiking in store for sure!

Jay

I'm pretty sure that
a. I'm working that Sunday
b. Traverse is starting to scare me....

I'd come up Friday night and end up going home Sat night....

I'm tring to keep in shape....finished off Tom's viewsandbrews Vermont last week, easy hikes but I did get to hike Mt. Abraham with not to much knee pain coming down.....so weird that my knees hurt on long easy declines ...naybe it's the continus strides after a while....I'm also dieting and exercising as much as i can...lost app 25lbs so far this summer....I'll do the best i can......see ya then...CF

The traverse from Moon Haw has about a 5700' vertical total ascent. Probably would not be good for your knees David.But only you know what would be ok for you.The distance is around 16 or 17 miles.I have done it quite a few times but never measured the distance. I think that that Jay would know.

Thx Ralph, that's exactly the info I was going to ask about...I'm good for 1/2 that hike....I'll figure things out as it gets closer...now that I think about it, I'm glad I can at least do 1/2 ..better than nothing..

Thx Ralph, that's exactly the info I was going to ask about...I'm good for 1/2 that hike....I'll figure things out as it gets closer...now that I think about it, I'm glad I can at least do 1/2 ..better than nothing..

Hi David,

Joane and I won't be doing the traverse either. Perhaps we can get together for a hike!

If we make it for the gathering, I doubt we'll be doing the traverse (I'm the weak link here, lol). So we would potentially be up for another hike as well.

Aaron, you know where Sundown is? The free campsites just west of the Peekamoose/Table trailhead? Oct 2nd - 4th..

Email me if you need directions..

Jay

I thoroughly exhausted this thread and went thru it twice, post by post and only now do I get confirmation of where our base is. I didn't want to wind up in Allaben! I will have no problem finding the sunset at dusk. Way back in post 11 you were still debating the merits of the two locations.

Yes, it was kind of dependent on a few things like how many folks, the facilities at both (determined to be nothing at either, as even the port o johns were removed from sundown this year)...

It was decided, mostly on AHP.com that it was going to be at Sundown, so must not have transferred the location to VFTT, sorry! There's already a quite established set of catskill hikers over there...

Jay