MEB Grid Finish on Flume 3/27/10!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
Jungle telegraph just reported that peak nr 575:eek: was just summited on Moriah today......so just one to go!

Hancock Campground seems to be where most will overnight before and after.

Lots of Shake and Bake today!

You gridiots have a disease and the only cure is MORE COW BELL. Way to go MEB!!!!! Finish strong.

Hmmmmm, sounds like the place to be!! :)
Had a fun day on Moriah today!
I wish you today's weather next Saturday!!

Congrats MEB!!! Great to be able to join you today.

Will the final summit really hold all of VFTT at once? :>

I posted a few of the photos on Facebook - the following URL should allow everyone to view them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2050887&id=1508742505&l=79e26e9e16

meb-575.jpg

Yikes MEB, I don't envy you writing the trip report up for this journey!

'Lets see, back in 1989 I did Hale...'

;)

See ya up theah!

I had to do some research on this one and I found what I was looking for.

It was on November 16, 2003 that Duffy and I ran into you and Little Sis on the col between Star King and Waumbec. That was the first time we ever met and you told me latter that that was just about your first NH 4000 footer.

So since November 2003 you've done the 576 NH peaks (plus all the others you've done). That's an impressive amount of hiking and a lot of miles. Congratulations.:)

I think we last ran into each other on the top of Adams about a year ago when Lauky finished his NH 4000. Hope to see you again soon out there.

Congratulations on the fantastic accomplishment.

Hey Meb, what a great accomplishment. This is quite the commitment, and I congratulate you in advance on you finish!! :D

Last edited:
MEB,

I am glad that you did not discontinue hiking forever, after I inadvertently scared you and Rachel out of your wits in the scrub on Abraham. :eek:

Congrats in advance. That is truly amazing :D

Marty

Congratulations in advance! What an incredible accomplishment!!!

I have a prior pie-baking commitment and unfortunately won't be able to join you on this final peak, but I remember the first time we met, back in 2004 on Osceola when you and Rachel were trying to get Reuben to join in on your self-portrait:

MEB - That is an awesome accomplishment! I wish I could join you for the hike. Instead I'll be playing in the Molson Old Timer's Hockey Tournament. You can be there will be plenty of beer at both events!!:)

I have a prior pie-baking commitment and unfortunately won't be able to join you on this final peak,

How come you only bake pies for that 'other forum'?
What about us here?

How come you only bake pies for that 'other forum'?
What about us here?

It's not so much the 'other forum'... It's a Fool Scout thing.

Stop by the other side of the notch after. You'll see plenty of folk from here.

We just can't afford to give up a top-notch baker AND event photographer.

Best wishes to MEB for an enjoyable grid finish - would have liked to be there myself.