Montreal Beer Night Sept 18 or 19?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
hey my canadian freinds (and freddy :D :D ) - Work is putting me in montreal for the 17-20th. Pretty booked up with work stuff on 9/17, but should have some free time at night on the 18th or 19 (or both).

anyone into grabing a few suds in montreal?? I will be at the Delta Centre-Ville???

I fly home Sat morning - thurs I can't get to whacked out - but friday, I can (and will) party all night. :D :D

Giggy in Montreal? Move over Celine.

Thursday will probably be better for everyone. I imagine I'll be going hiking early Saturday morning.

We'll have to bump this thread as the big day approaches.

Stev-o said:
Where are you thinking? and what time ?
Long drive....
I hear they have some pretty good La Casa up in Montreal! :)
We haven't decided on a place yet. People start showing up after work, which in Montreal is at 2 in the afternoon. Haha just kidding. Between 6 and 7 I think.

i could possibly make it up there giggy, but it would be alot of traveling and sometimes i really hate crossing the checkpoint!!!
to our friends up north, which crossing is the quickest and most efficient? thanks.

cool!! I have to be a work event until about 8pm I think. I will head over ASAP wherever we go - I have been a montreal on a number of occasions but have only been to the st catherine st area (does this really shock anyone?? :D )

Not knowing the city all that well, would it be reasonable to find a place near my hotel this way I can shoot right over once the work event gets out.

This is where I will be
http://www.deltamontreal.com/eng/index.html

mookie said:
i could possibly make it up there giggy, but it would be alot of traveling and sometimes i really hate crossing the checkpoint!!!
to our friends up north, which crossing is the quickest and most efficient? thanks.

Northbound I-87
Exit 42 to Rouses Point
North on 276
After the crossing make a left turn and head back west (3 miles) to Autoroute 15.

Hi Giggy, Gail and I are planning on coming.....

How's everyone's summer been? :D We did Gray peak a few days ago, now just have Allen, Basin, and Saddleback left for my 46. :)

damn, wish i didn't have to work the next day. i'd seriously be into a road trip to montreal. it's a great city.

The only thing I don't like about Brutopia is the food. (Big prices, small portions). But since I'll be eating supper at home prior to going I guess I don't care.

Agree with Neil about the grub at Brut! The beer is awesome though!
Also found that place a bit noisy when it gets crowded. How about the Old Dublin again? It's quite close to the Delta where Giggy is hanging out too.

Well, if it's on the 18th, Nat and I could have it at our place (near Christophe-Colomb & Mont-Royal).
It's not huge but pretty central near Mont-Royal metro station.
There is also a bar (Chez Baptiste) just around the corner if we have a big group. :D

I think this is a great idea. To show my approval I will team up with Julie and any other volunteers and we will bring to your place whatever you and Nathalie like to drink.

Moet and Chandon? Krug?

Neil said:
I think this is a great idea. To show my approval I will team up with Julie and any other volunteers and we will bring to your place whatever you and Nathalie like to drink.

Moet and Chandon? Krug?

Hey, I have a big Heineken keg ( tell me Mats, it is still good after a year ???), I can bring it :)

:cool: Very cool Jean and Nat, thanks for the hospitality ! For once we'll be able to hear about everyone's stories ( Old Dublin was SO noisy !)

Hey, Summit is Timmus spelled backwards. I didn't know that.

Wasn't Siegried Timmus a famous Adirondack explorer 7,000 years ago?

I agree with Pot Niatnuom!!

I think that's a great idea we'll be able to hear the stories without having to cup our ears. BYOB then I guess.