Mountain Jam, Denali Sendoff, Big Bonfire Bash

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNFROZENCAVEMAN

Reaction score
Did you hear about those crazy cats that are headin up to AK to hone their mountaineering skills? No? Well here's your chance to get up close and personal with some of them before you have to place bids for their autographs on E-bay :D

WHO: Anybody and everybody
WHAT: Sendoff Bash / Jam session
WHEN: 4.18.08-4.20.08
WHERE: "THE CAVE" - Proctorsville, VT
WHY: Stop asking foolish questions

I figure it'll go something like this...

- Friday night people roll in, we order in a bunch of food, most likely there'll be some jammin going on
- Saturday people recreate doing whatever wherever
- Saturday night potluck dinner, entertainment provided by Grey Knob and the Bluffs, and there'll be a fire out back
- Sunday winds down the weekend

How to get there:

373 Bailey Hill Road
Proctorsville, VT 05153

White house, White truck, HUGE White propane tank surrounded by a lot of smaller White propane tanks.

PM me for my Cell Phone # if you like.

A few of the more popular routes...

Coming down 89 or 91 South:

- If you are coming down 89 South then take it to White River Jct. and get on 91 South take exit 8 Ascutney
- take a RIGHT at the bottom of the ramp onto Rt. 131
- in about 8 miles you will come to a four way intersection with a flashing red light STOP and then proceed straight through the light
- in about 8 miles you will come into a 35 mile/hr. school zone and on your left will be DEPOT St. take that left follow to the end (about 1/2 mile, you will go over a set of railroad tracks)
- take a left at the end of the road then take an immediate hard right up Bailey Hill Road
- you’ll go by a cemetery and my house is the second driveway on the right (about ¼ mile), remember the theme is WHITE

Going up 89 North:

- go to White River Jct. and get on 91 South and follow the above directions - trust me, it's a LOT easier and the same amount of time as going through Sunappe and Claremont even if it is more distance

Heading up 91 North:

- get off exit 6 Bellows Falls
- take a left at the bottom of the ramp onto Route 5
- follow Route 5 which will turn into Route 103, you will have to take a right towards Ludlow/Rutland just before the Jiffy Mart (about 13 miles)
- follow Route 103 for about 9 miles, when the road splits into two lanes and gets steep, you are almost there
- at the top of the hill the road will merge back into a single lane and head down a slight hill, at the bottom of the hill (about 1/2 mile) there will be a left hand turn that is Bailey Hill Road, I am the second driveway on the right past the cemetary (if you go too far and miss Bailey Hill Road you will go over a set of railroad tracks, turn around and I'm the third turn on the right AFTER the railroad tracks)

Coming over from NY:

- if you are on Route 4 take a right where it intersects with Route 7 South, if you are on Route 7 South follow down through Rutland and head out of town
- take a left at the intersection of Route 7 and Route 103 (there will be a traffic light) and follow Route 103 South down through Ludlow
- about 3 miles outside of town you will go by the Cavendish Point Hotel (white hotel on your left) and then over a set of railroad tracks
- take the third road on your right after the railroad tracks, Bailey Hill Road (the road is split at the beginning, take the hard right up the hill otherwise you’ll wind up in the sawmill)
- you’ll go by a cemetery and my house is the second driveway on the right (about ¼ mile)

As was the case last year there is plenty of room for parking and camping and I can accommodate around 25 in the house - the beds are all spoken for but with a bag and a sleeping pad you'll be comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for thinking of the VFTT Denali Team, but unfortunately most of us will be in California that weekend training on Mt. Shasta. :(

We are going to miss an awesome time! Even though we are not going to be able to hear the band play, we should have no problem seeing UFC’s gigantic bonfire! :D

Can't make this Jam but good luck to the Climbing Team!! :) Are you guys doing the "Butt" or some other kind of adventure? :cool: Have Fun :D

Oh I almost forgot. Mats you might want to wear your underpants on the inside in case you fly "One shot" :rolleyes:

http://ryanmaupin.com/pics/denali/scan0076.jpg

Last edited:
Frodo said:
Thanks for thinking of the VFTT Denali Team, but unfortunately most of us will be in California
Shasta sounds like fun ... but the Bluffs rock the house :) i'll be in Vermont

thanks for hosting the bash, Steve !

musicband.gif
campfire.gif

No Grey Knob

at this one... :( unless maybe the case going to trial that following Monday settles... (there is always hope) :D :D :D

I'll be there with plenty of PA power. When we are not playing, we'll let the tunes rip on the PA for all you dancing queens!

Bummer about the dates conflicting with the Denali team, but it will be a good excuse to build an extra big fire. If we set the propane tanks off, we'll light up Shasta!

Pat and I will be there, hoping for a couple of spots in the basement...gotta remember my ear plugs...

Maybe Killington will still have some good spring skiing...SherpaK, think you might want to knock around on some greens and blues? I don't want to make you have any horrible flashbacks.

Wait, we are having a send off for the Denali Team but they will all be climbing Mt. Shasta? :confused: Hehe. Well like I've told Frodo before, I -really- hope I catch you guys on the glacier in early-June and get to be one of the first to hear about your adventure!! I'd wish you all Good Luck, but I know you have the skills, instead I wish all of you Good Weather! I'll no doubt be thinking of you as I look at Denali all week during the course (hopefully be looking at it from the summit of Kahiltna Dome)! :D

It's the thought that counts!

leaf said:
Wait, we are having a send off for the Denali Team but they will all be climbing Mt. Shasta? :confused: Hehe...:D
Well, we needed SOME reason for a party :rolleyes: Seriously, the Denali team is nice enough to lend us a representative: they have a pretty busy agenda until the summit bid! Arm will represent them well!

Maybe we can have some live webcams set up on each side of the continent......we hike better to Arm's solos :)

I can also leave my discoballs in town for the party........I'm sure there will be enough firewood and music :D :D :D

Thanks again for organizing it :)

I plan on coming (perhaps i could snag a spot in the basement too?)! Thanks for hosting Steve! Audrey and Pat, I might be up for skiing if there is still some good snow :) Looking forward to it!

-katie

I can also leave my discoballs in town for the party........

Dang, and here I thought you were bringing them to Shasta...

:D ;) :rolleyes: :D :p :cool:

Stinkyfeet said:
Dang, and here I thought you were bringing them to Shasta...

:D ;) :rolleyes: :D :p :cool:
I have five left still :D

Will leave three with unfrozencaveman and I'll bring two balls to Shasta :D :D :D

Mats Roing said:
and I'll bring two balls to Shasta :D :D :D

You'll need them, both of them. ;) I coulda used some balls on Rainier, but luckily summited without them. :p