One Day Pemi loop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at doing a Pemi Loop the following weekend (July 11) or late in the week (Thu or Fri) if the weather looks good.

I am looking at a CCW Pemi loop on Thursday or Friday, July 1st or 2nd, the better weather forecast of the two days. I need to make side trips to W Bond and Galehead, so would be great to have an extra vehicle for a bail out to the Gale River Trailhead, if necessary. Would like to begin around 5 am, as my pace (I am not a runner) and side trips will require probably around 16 hours for me. I have completed many one-day Pemi loops in the past, but none the last three years. I brought back from Colorado a half case of Dale's Pale Ale (in cans), but not sure how many will go on the hike and how many will wait in a cooler at Lincoln Woods; it will be tough enough saving them a whole week. :)

I am looking at a CCW Pemi loop on Thursday or Friday, July 1st or 2nd, the better weather forecast of the two days. I need to make side trips to W Bond and Galehead, so would be great to have an extra vehicle for a bail out to the Gale River Trailhead, if necessary. Would like to begin around 5 am, as my pace (I am not a runner) and side trips will require probably around 16 hours for me. I have completed many one-day Pemi loops in the past, but none the last three years. I brought back from Colorado a half case of Dale's Pale Ale (in cans), but not sure how many will go on the hike and how many will wait in a cooler at Lincoln Woods; it will be tough enough saving them a whole week. :)
If you said you brought The Gubna I might be interested! Polish of a case of those and do a hike!

-Dr. Wu

If you said you brought The Gubna I might be interested! Polish of a case of those and do a hike!

-Dr. Wu

A little to pricey at $15 per four 12-oz cans for my plebeian tastes, but if anyone could get off the floor after drinking a case of the Gubna (24 cans, right?), the person deserves some kind of an award. :eek:

I will be doing the Pemi real soon. Also a few of the closer peaks at the same time while I'm there. Looking like the 3rd weekend of July. I keep getting signed up to these foot race so it's been hard to go hiking. Going to the Boiler Maker On the 11 then back to the hills for awhile. Keep us posted if you havent gone yet.

Looks like I will be stepping up to the plate this Friday, the 2nd, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Looks like I will be stepping up to the plate this Friday, the 2nd, if anyone is interested.

Gave it a shot, but bailed down the Bridle Path, as the hour was late and I was tired. High winds between Bondcliff and Bond took a lot of out of me, then lots of mud on the flat spots on the Twinway and Garfield Ridge Trail from Thursday keeping the soles wet and therefore the rocks slick. But, the low humidity and temperatures were perfect for hiking, as I only consumed about 4 liters the entire day, and had to force myself to drink those. I also made the side trips to W Bond and Galehead, and was on pace to complete the entire CCW loop in about 16 hours until I hit the GRT. So, instead about 26.5 miles total in about 16 hours. Obviously, at this point in my hiking career, I need to do more training, or at least some training, for this one. Someone named Steve posted a report on his CCW loop that he began a few hours before I began on the 2nd under NH Trail Conditions.