Snow, snow, snow

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the great time I had this winter, I am ready for warmer weather. Sitting outside on my deck with my friend Sam Adams is a pleasure I have been long denied. :)

Sorry Orson, it’s time to let go; I won’t be joining you in that dance.

Lawn Sale said:
There are no beaches in Maine, didn't you know that? ;) There are only breaks in the rock where sand has washed in from down south.

I wish we had more snow, but at this point bring on spring.
No wait, I have a better idea. Let it warm up and have the bugs come out, then have a cold snap and kill them all off! Yeah, that's the ticket.

:)

I have departed maine, i am off to the beaches on the former Great Lake Champlain. I don't recall seeing any snow when i was on the coast this winter, did you?

Ridgewalker said:
Shakespeare also said:

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

King Richard III Act one scene one

Looks like the balmy weather here may have as short a reign as Richard 3 did. Snow forecast for the middle of next week. It's never over 'til it's over. (Ask Henry 7.)

I'm with you for snow in the Whites, Dax and Cats.....and for --M, here's a hearty YANK from me..... :D

...Jade

Looks like monday-tuesday a small low pressure center is going to form and actually give the Whites a good amount of snow..not sure how much yet, but it looks like they will get white again. -Mattl

una_dogger said:
any chance of you posting a video clip of this?

If there's five thousand bucks raised under Darren's flag for the Brain Tumor ride (http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12011), I'll do it on May Day on the State House steps. Any who show up may video it and display it wherever desired. Make sure you have audio, as I "vocalize" quite loudly whenever I wedgie myself. Maybe we'll catch Mitt peeking out the window.

--M.

melt, melt, melt!!!

Today, in shorts and t-shirt, I enjoyed the snow-free southern slopes of South Moat Mt. Sweating in the heat on the ascent, I prayed for the forcasted snow-melting t-storms. As I neared the summit and headed west off-trail to hunt for antlers, I had to wipe the sweat and gulp more water. Then the billowing thunderheads unleashed some welcomed warm rain. :)

It's all good! Let's look forward! :) :) :)

Happy Trails!

Snow? We Don't Need No Stinkin Snow!

April Fools!

Being from Upper Michigan you'd think I'd be a big winter person - I mean a place where an avg winter's snowfall can be over 300" - winter takes up 3/4 of the year! But I never really got into winter until I mover here, took up hiking and then found snowshoeing! Now I love it and look forward to it. But this winter - did we even have a winter? I only wore my snowshoes once & I honestly could have gotten by w/o them. Every time they forecasted a Nor-easter I got excited only to be let down as it passed us by. I think every major snow storm missed us - I sure don't recall one major dumping of the fluffy stuff. I hope this winter was just a fluke and not a prelude of things to come (global warming, melting glaciers and all that ) because that would really be a shame. There's nothing more beautiful then being out in nature after a huge snow storm. Although I am looking forward to my hike tomorrow (Sun) in the nice warm weather I won't be disappointed if we get one last blast before summer hits. So for others not yet ready to march into spring - I'll turn off the lights,light my candle, and do the yoopers naked hoo-ra cha cha chant in hopes the mighty snow queen finds her way home one last time!

--M. said:
If there's five thousand bucks raised under Darren's flag for the Brain Tumor ride (http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12011), I'll do it on May Day on the State House steps.
We still have a ways to go with that goal. Keep those donations coming! A Tourette's display might be more appropriate the day after Patriots' Day on the steps of a certain government office (which shall remain nameless) in Andover, Mass.

Snow? What snow? I don't see no stinkin' snow. It's all over now except the slipping on hard pack. I have already switched to "think green". I hope the caterpillars don't chomp up the Catskills too bad this spring. Maybe we should start chanting: no caterpillars, no caterpillars, no caterpillars.

Not so fast, all you sweatin' bug-lovers!

Significant accumulation expected on Monday night, Tuesday and another storm on Friday! It worked! It worked! This is amazing! And they called me mad!!!!

OK, your next assignment is to chant the following lottery numbers...ready?...11,35,-

Why??

but why oh why do you want MORE SNOW?@!??!????
there must be some reason behind this madness???
care to share? :mad: :D