VFTT Dog Hike October ??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRiz

Reaction score
Last year Una Dogger coordinated a fantastic dog hike to celebrate Terra's 48 finish. Now that I have a pup of my own who already has a few 4,000 footers under his belt, I'm hoping to organize a similar hike.

Peak: Moosilauke
Start Time: 8:30am
Trail: Benton

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
The 9th it is ;).

It wouldn't be the 2nd annual VFTT dog hike without Terra!

If you do this on a Saturday, I'm sure I could convince Sheep to attend. I think he's still carrying a little extra weight from all the treats he scored last year!

If there's a date that works better for everyone please let me know! I'm free every weekend of October except potentially 23-24 as I might be out in Colorado... :)

VFTT October dog hike

We would love to hike - might not do the entire route as our Chinook pup is only 13 weeks old. Let us know where to meet, our puppy is ready to socialize and so are we! October 9th is good for us but any other weekend in October would do.
am&pm

10/16-17 isn't an option for us, we have a wedding to attend.

Thanks MJ -- yup , I think the 9th is the best weekend for us.

Moosiluake IMHO is a bit too much for a 13 week old -- but last year, Pat Audrey and Leo -- with the same dilemna with young Leo, joined us for the first mile then turned around. It was great fun for them and Leo.

Great idea, Larisa! I can't wait to see Toby drink from the "tube".

Will be good to see you both, Bill and Sheep! We really should hike together more than *once* a year!!!

Geneva and I might be up for a 'puppy' hike!

I would LOVE to meet a Chinook doggy up close and personal, since I live so close to Arthur Walden's former home. : ) And I had the good fortune to meet and talk with Norman Vaughn so many times.

We could harness them all up and have them haul us up a mountain!

:rolleyes:

From the looks of all the "I can do it at this date but not that date" comments it looks like everyones summer has been as crazy as ours.

For us the 16th or later would work best. In fact you've put a 'bug in my bonnet'; depending on the weather, we may just head up their on the 16th regardless. It's been over a year since we've last been up there and Lauky was, after all, named for that mountain so we've really got an obligation to get up there again.

PS Larissa I love that new avatar.

Hmmmm...I've got an eager five month old Golden named "Buddy" who may be up to the task...

Ok! So the plan right now (pending decent weather of course) is to hike Moosilauke on Oct 9. I'd like to take either the Benton or Glencliff trail if that sounds good to eveyone. Let's work out the other logistics closer to the hike date... :)

To those who can't make it - Toby and I are up north pretty much every weekend. We love to make new canine and people friends, so please do let me know if you're interested in joining us for a hike on a different October weekend.

I think Sheep and I are in for that day. I think we should do the Benton as it gets a lot less traffic and we'll probably disturb a lot fewer hikers with the dog mob! Plus it's a special trail for Sheep as it was the route on his first hike in the Whites 4 years ago.

dwid and i would love to go, but i dont think dwid is a hiking dog.
that hike would probably kill him. i guess i could carry him?