VFTT Shirts - which design do you like?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picking colors with these generated images is extremely hard.

For example, I'd never hike in a bright white shirt - it gets really nasty looking very quickly. At least on me. :) However, my favorite hiking shirts are a white/gray. Its bright, it reflects sun great, but its slightly darker than the bright white depicted here, so sweat stains and such tend to blend in. Actually, here is a photo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/chompat99/GraftonLoopTrail#5220474759654861378

The gray that is depicted in the sample image is too dark. That would be very hot in the summer, and it would be too dark for the image to appear well. However, the question I'd have is that shirt REALLY a dark gray like that? Or is that just the color they picked to demo what the shirt would look like.

FYI - I love the orange and I'd scoop one of those in a second.

Last edited:
If the samples are already requested and the decisions made, disregard :) I'd be very happy with the green-on-white option 1 with the URL. A quality shirt's well worth the $20 or so; $12 t-shirts just aren't worth it anymore.

Suggestions:
The URL under the VFTT undermines the visual power of the logo for me. Maybe under the mountains instead? URL just on the sleeve? Back?

I have a WODC CoolMax shirt that's a pale, mottled grey. A logo with a darker green would probably show up fairly well on that sort of color.

You may want to take a quick poll of preferred sizes before making the big order, just to get roughly the right distribution. Some information on who makes the base shirt, or at least how their sizing runs, would be nice. (e.g American Apparel runs 1/2-1 size small.)

And, thank you!

How often are we above tree line and out in the open that it would make a white shirt more desirable. I'm under the canopy or in shade more than anything else. Besides white shows up dirt really well.

How about a breast pocket for maps and a small sleeve pocket big enough to hold a pack of Camels? How do they stand up in a wet t-shirt contest? And while we're at it, how about tassles?

I like #1 that has the site address on either white or a light gray similar to chomp's pic

I personally like orange for the shirt color, BUT:

let's remember that it's Darren's logo, his trademark, and he has the absolute right to decide any and all of these details. Besides, I think it's time once again to recognize what he's given all of us by providing this site. Thanks, Darren! :cool:

I'm in for any color, whichever Darren thinks represents VFTT the best in his eyes...:D

I do agree with Carmel... I need a girl-fit or it won't get worn. Even a small man's would swim on me. Some of us are small in size, and would never win any wet t-shirt contest...:rolleyes:

Thanks roadtripper for all your hard work. Always tough to keep everyone happy under these circumstances. Whatever you decide for size, shape, color, model, etc. I am sure the shirt will be great! Make sure you get a free one in the end as you deserve it.

let's remember that it's Darren's logo, his trademark, and he has the absolute right to decide any and all of these details. Besides, I think it's time once again to recognize what he's given all of us by providing this site. Thanks, Darren! :cool:

Agreed! Thanks, Darren!

If you can't wear it - stuff it. :D

Literally, fill it with pillow stuffing and sew up the arms, waist, and neck and keep it in your car. Make a balloon head to attach and leave in the driver's seat when your hiking or another spot when your driving. :p

I'm in for one.
I like logo 1, but I think it is up to Darren.

I do not care about the color, whatever the majority wants I'll do.
Thanks for doing this!!
Sandy

So I am a fan of the white shirt with the green logo. White and green has been the default colors of the logo - shirts, patches, stickers - and I think that we should stick with it to keep it identifiable. - darren
I'll buy and wear regardless...BUT...the Home Page Logo is on a light greyish/greenish background, which sets off the logo, especially the white peaks. Just saying.

vftt-decal-logo.gif

I'll buy and wear regardless...BUT...the Home Page Logo is on a light greyish/greenish background, which sets off the logo, especially the white peaks. Just saying.

vftt-decal-logo.gif

This is a good loking combo - shouldn't be too hot in the sun (what sun... we're in NY & NE not Hawaii:D)

Seems in keeping with Darren's desire for consistency.

t

Status
Not open for further replies.