VFTT winter gathering 2010?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy, while you are at it, can you pick me up at the airport in Manchester on your way up. Much easier flying Phila to Manchester NH versus the long drive from NJ

what? there's no planning needed! see my prior post. for f's sake.

I'll do my best

Well, guess the city boy has gotta earn his stripes....I just called Barnes field

Spoke to them...here goes

First come first served
$10 a car
bathrooms no running water (of course)
no well water (i remembered that was a pump that worked, she said it's off)?
some sites can occupy 30 people...#9 may be a large site (can someone check that)giggy?
the bathrooms are inbetween sites 7-8 and 3-4
phone 3 is 603 466 2713
$ is put into a tube for the ranger to pick up...
one person cannot grab 3 sites....could be a busy weekend..

that's all i could figure out...how'd i do?

Heated food tent

At Barnes last time there was a heated food tent - can we do that again? It was awesome.

You 'da man, Giggy.

At Barnes last time there was a heated food tent - can we do that again? It was awesome.

You 'da man, Giggy.
Giggy told me he'd take care of the heated tents and stuff. He's got a few pro-deals with REI and stuff.

-Dr. Wu

giggy just emailed me and said he'd take care of the food on saturday night.

awesome!

giggy just emailed me and said he'd take care of the food on saturday night.

awesome!
Wow, I've never seen Giggy this enthusiastic about planning a social event like this. Good for him. Can we make requests, Gig? Are you going to have a special 'vegetarian' and 'vegan' section?

-Dr. Wu

I just called Barnes field
whoa dude ... trying to steal Giggy's thunder ... not cool !

Giggy is w*rking on a band line-up that'll make Woodstock look sheepish ... any 80's bands ?

at this rate they're gonna rename Mount Clay after him ...

Nevermind a heated food tent, Giggy has the means to get the entire site #9 covered with a heated dome.

giggy, i'm going to need hike recommendations. what's the "easiest" mountain to climb in the area. what's the temperature going to be like at night and what gear should i bring for that? i'm thinking of getting there at 7pm and it's going to be dark so i'll need some directions to barnes field. are you going to lead any hikes or climbs on saturday during the day? and i assume you are going to be collecting the money from people prior to the event, so i'll need your address to send the check. please pm me with the details. thanks.

Oh, and Giggy said he'd rent Mount Washington for us for the weekend (don't worry Leaf, it's an easy one!), with heaters set up along the Lionshead winter route. I believe that will also include a hot dog stand halfway up. Don't worry, there will be Tofu Pups for the veggies!

I just got a mass emailing from a guy based in British Columbia for Giggapolooza '010 and a link to this thread!

Man, this is going to be big! It is a good thing the Super Bowl is in Feb so they don't have to move the date!

Where is the sign up for show tents? I need to visit the one where the guy sews gear for beer at some point.