VFTT's Rainier crew on the summit!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huzzah!
Shows what a strong, experienced, well-prepared group is capable of. I'll save my heartiest celebrations for the news that they're all back safely. Then I'll have a Guiness for Ed. Jay doesn't drink, and I don't think Terri does and I don't know about the rest of 'em, so hmm... maybe alcohol-free beer? Nah...

Matt

NICE!!!!

Of course you know this will just be the beginning.........

It's all been said already... but YEEEE-HAAAA!

I'd be happy to stand at the base of a mountain like that... hmmmm, how much gas is in the car? :)

Bob

Each and every one who began the trek should be proud of themselves. A good safe hike involves making good safe decisions......YAHOOOOOO!

Darren.....look what you've created! What a great show of support for the Rainier Crew!!

Another rude person using a cell phone on the summit, huh? "Hey, guess where I'm calling from." %

Congratulations to all, and best wishes for a safe return back home.

I thought Harry was supposed to be there, too.

% Yes, it's a joke.

Well done crew! Looks like all of that training and preparation really paid off...

You certainly got some VFTT!

Can't wait for the pictures. I wonder if The Doctor made it up to the summit in Sherpa K's ski poles??? :D

Have fun with the rest of your trip in the Cascades!

To those who had to turn back:

We know you gave it your best, and it must be a bummer not to have made it to the top.

We salute you too!

Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others. Author: Danny Thomas
While not all of the members made it to the very top, the VFTT Team did and every member of the team played a part in that success.

I am sure every VFTT member is as proud of all of you as I am. You are all an inspiration and a testament to what can be achieved through hard work, determination and team work.

Thank you.

Bob

Getting to the summit is a minor point on a long trip. Gaining the experience, spending time with great people, being outdoors, and getting back safely are what it is all about!

Congratulations to all!

Sapblatt has the right mentality. Reaching the summit is such a small part of the journey and experience. So far my best mountaineering experience was a failure where summiting was concerened. They were able to hike on one of the great mountains and one of the great ranges.

The memories.....the experiences....the views......the friendships.....the photos.....the smiles.....the emotions. That's what life is all about. Way to go you guys. Excellent!!

JohnL

Congratulations to all!! :D

One fact about Mt. Rainier is that the DC route ends at the south rim of the crater and it's a long flat walk to the actual summit on the north rim, which is only slightly higher. It's very possible that a few decided that getting to the south rim was good enough.

Haven't seen the most important report yet--whether they made it back down safely. Generally more important than whether one summits or not...

Many (most?) accidents in the bigger mountains happen on the way down.

Doug

DougPaul said:
Haven't seen the most important report yet--whether they made it back down safely. Generally more important than whether one summits or not...

Doug

No word yet, but I'll definitely let folks know as soon as I hear anything! I don't see anything on the news wires, so I'd say that's a good sign... :)

DougPaul said:

One of the most dangerous parts of the DC route is descending the steepest part (the cleaver) in ankle-deep corn snow, where footing is marginal and self-arresting would be difficult.