Who's going to the FTFC Dinner? 4/14/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished my 48 this past fall. I wasnt planning on going, but I have the day off from work, so I am reconsiddering. It would be nice to meet some of you. Maybe see you there.

marty said:
Ridgewalker - you're becoming a regular with this thread. Yes, I will be there, too. Like Marc, I will be passing on the dinner portion, arriving shortly before the ceremonies start. I plan to wear a VFTT shirt, unless my wife and friends all wear "I HIKE WITH MARTY" t-shirts like last year...

Marty

Do they sell VFTT tee shirts at the Mt Wanderer bookstore in Lincoln? Still trying to think of way of knowing who is a member when we're there.

skibones said:
Do they sell VFTT tee shirts at the Mt Wanderer bookstore in Lincoln? Still trying to think of way of knowing who is a member when we're there.
Best I can recollect (it has been at least two days since I was last there!!) Steve only sells FTFC t-shirts.

Given the hiker traffic in his store, it would sure make sense for whoever runs the VFTT t-shirt operation to get him to stock the shirts.

I was just checking this thread to see if we wear name tags. I was going to suggest we write our trail names on the name tag if we did and ask if we all walk around discussing reptile reproductive methods. :p The drawing would be funny. I'm off to research the color of the aforementioned eggs and how many there are in a clutch. :D

skibones said:

The sale of the VFTT t-shirts were coordinated a few years ago, primarily by the maganimous efforts of one of our esteemed members. If you see a 6 foot 1 inch, thin and balding guy with a VFTT shirt on, it will probably be me :eek: I will introduce you to those members that I know, including my friend Double Bow, who knows EVERYONE :cool:

The Alligator Egg ideas sound pretty cool too, but I figure if I've got a VFTT shirt, I will flaunt it :D

Marty

4K Dinner

I was on the fence about whether or no to attend, but I, too, have been inspired by all the VFTTers who are going. :eek: :D ;)
So I will try to go, but I will not go to the dinner.
I am receiving my "Diploma" for finishing up the NE111. :eek: :D :eek: ;)
On to the next project....do 'em all in winter! :eek: ;) :D

The location is on my bike loop, I probably have one of the shortest commutes to the event - my son goes to school there. I might happen by to say hello to all the familiar faces, if I'm not hiking something that day instead.

skibones said:
Mohamed Ellozy said:
Best I can recollect (it has been at least two days since I was last there!!) Steve only sells FTFC t-shirts.
I was there recently too on April 6th and did NOT see any VFTT t-shirts there either. Friendly owner and a great little store though--well stocked otherwise!!

Last edited:
4000 Ftr Reunion Saturday

Hi there - Yes I do plan on attending Saturday. I finished all 67 of the NE 4000 ftrs last October (2006) with good friends of mine on the Bigelows in Maine. Unfortunately I have not completed the 4000 ftr paperwork so I suppose I will probably miss out on the awards they are handing out. It will be fun to visit with everyone though - and isn't that the point? To share stories and make new friends? :eek: I am going to try my darndest to get the paperwork done today and mail it as well as bring it with me to the reunion. At this point it is too late to get my reservation in for the dinner but it it my understanding that for $1 I can still get in. See you there!

marty said:
I will introduce you to those members that I know, including my friend Double Bow, who knows EVERYONE :cool:

Uggghhh... I've been outed!! ;) :D

In all seriousness though me, Shamie, Arghman, and possibly a couple others are planning to grab a quick dinner at The Loaf & Ladle before heading over to the awards. If anyone is interested in joining us, we'd love more company.

This place has killer soups and sandwiches and is about as formal as your kitchen table. Plus, it's farily close to the awards and you'll get your fill (of food and bad jokes) for cheap!

If you're interested, send me a PM so we'll know to look for you and I can give you any details you may need.

Marty... look forward to seein' ya', pal. :p :)

I haven't been around much lately, but I'll be there, along with Mrs. evilhanz.

askus3 said:
This is Constantine (Dean) Gletsos and he is planning on attending the dinner. Please welcome him as he is a good friend of mine and is coming a long way from New York to receive his scroll. I don't believe he knows any of you. He completed his Northeast 115 on June 7 climbing Old Speck and finished his NH 48 on his 70th birthday on August 5, 2004. He summited 47 of his 48 White mountain peaks and all of his Maine peaks with me.

If I run into him, I'll be happy to introduce myself and say "hello" and "congrats".

evilhanz said:
I haven't been around much lately, but I'll be there, along with Mrs. evilhanz.
Evilhanz,

Indeed you have not been around much lately (I believe it is several years since you last posted regularly :() and I, for one, have missed your knowledge.

I will be there, with my name on an official namtag. Looking forward to meeting you in the flesh!

Mohamed Ellozy said:
Looking forward to meeting you in the flesh!

Likewise! I've been pretty busy with other obligations to do much hiking in the last couple of years, but I'm starting to make up for the lost time. I'll be there to collect a scroll and say hello. See you there!