How many hikes did you do this Winter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hikes did you do this Winter?

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • 1-4

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • 5-10

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • 11-20

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • 20+

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Lets try to keep this free of peakbagging. Just tell us how many hikes you did this winter. A hike is whatever you decide it is.

Tom Rankin said:
Lets try to keep this free of peakbagging. Just tell us how many hikes you did this winter. A hike is whatever you decide it is.
Ok, it's happening again! Option '5' ( > 20 ) has disappeared! :(

I had this happen before, but I can not edit the Poll part of the post. Oh well...

Jay H said:
How many weekends were there this winter? :)

Jay
13?

Doesn't seem like a lot. I guess if you go out and do two things each weekend, then it's 26, which sounds much better :)

I didn't see an option for >80... I hit the trails 'most every day, though it's usually running as opposed to walking...

:rolleyes: :eek: :D :p ;)

Except for two weekends "urban hiking" in NYC, I think almost every weekend when the weather cooperated. I do know that my snowshoes had a much easier winter than I did !

Dave

Stinkyfeet said:
I didn't see an option for >80... I hit the trails 'most every day, though it's usually running as opposed to walking...

:rolleyes: :eek: :D :p ;)

I'm with Stinky on that one! Peaks bagged - zero... trails run on - a plethora.
:D :p :D

24 hikes for me during calendar winter, my most ever. Only once did I not summit successfully, including bushwhacks.

Hey Artex... where did you find trails in Maine that weren't too snowy to run on?? When I wasn't hiking, I spent the rest of the winter running on roads and I'm dying to get to some trails that aren't too icy or muddy.

albee said:
Hey Artex... where did you find trails in Maine that weren't too snowy to run on?? When I wasn't hiking, I spent the rest of the winter running on roads and I'm dying to get to some trails that aren't too icy or muddy.
Maybe, snowshoe running? I have a pair tapered in the back specifically for trail running. They are great. I can't go nearly as far with them as I can running on the roads. I kept my eye open for snowshoe races this winter, but it didn't work out with the amount of snow we got in southern NH :( and my hiking schedule. No real worries. I'd take hiking over running any day. :)

My work keeps me pretty busy (6 days a week, 60-80 hours/week) through February, but then February was too darn cold to do much outdoors, so I didn't get out as much as I'd hoped.

Probably about 6-10 legitimate hikes, though, plus about as many little local forays, including a very fortunate weather window traversing Franconia Ridge, a summit of Mount Moosilauke, and some 'winter' hiking along the Long Trail during the epic thaw in early January.

albee said:

Oh, they were icy and snowy alright, at least after early-mid January when winter kicked in. The snowmobiles pack down the trails in the woods behind my house, and I run on those most often. Very muddy now though!

I'd guess around 25 hikes. Most stayed below treeline due to wind. Most involved downhill bushwacking.

Happy Trails :)

Days hike Winter

Hi Tom. ;)

Decembre: 21-22-23-24-25-27 = 6
Janvier: 4-5-6-7-11-12-13-14-19-21-22-26 = 12
Février: 2-3-9-10-11-23-24-25-26 = 9
Mars: 2-3-9-10-11-16-18-19 = 8

Total between 21 december and 21 Marsh: 35 jours and 90 Hight Peaks!!! :rolleyes:

Under my usual average...... :eek:, :(

Pinpin Junior.