When the heck is Bearly Live 2009?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally home!

Sorry to have been so silent over the past few weeks. I had a few personal items to take care of, not least of which was an unplanned trip to Florida (and drive back :(). Add to that some fun times with septic :eek:, and it makes for a messy situation.

All is proceeding well with BL'09. Gris is having some issues with flights, but we are hoping that will be resolved so he can be with us. You will get more of the Bluffs this year as $$$ is tighter than in the past, but we will do our best to entertain you! FunkyFreddy will also be down. I am hopefully lining up Joe Farren and Joe Rego from last year, but it will depend on their schedules.

Looking forward to having you at Camp Someplace Elle's! The address is 178 Hogan Pond Lane in Oxford, Maine. See you on July 31st!

I've attached directions below to the cabin... for Mats, and the hard of hearing.

yeah, you have it right sherp.

someone who 'was' your husband...

it sounds better than saying 'X' all the time.

he didn't like it either! :rolleyes:

Can't wait - I sorted out my camping situation and have a couple back-ups.... no deb this year, she decided going to NYC to catch a boradway show and party with some of her freinds in the big apple instead.... which means, nobody to keep a leash on me - not sure if thats good or bad...ha

Two Lakes Camping

Ok, just a quick reminder. Two Lakes has rules... let's do our best not to deliberately break them. 2 cars, 4 people per site, be honest about who will be staying on the site, be discrete entering and leaving the area, observe quiet hours, etc.

They are just waiting for an opportunity to give us a hard time. Please: let's not give it to them. Remember: once Bearly Live is done, I still have to deal with them.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing all of you!

Before I try and roll the dice with making a reservation,anyone have space for a creepy ol' Sasquatch?

On this note - I ended up calling and getting my own site. At the time, they were clear about the party and were pretty clear they were not screwing around with any unregistered guests, etc... they don't want anyone bringing the party back to the campground, etc.....

I think it would not be good at all if folks show up last minute and try to hook up with someone on a site... wandering around the campground...

Even though, I have room for more on my site technically, I am probably not going to press the issue and have more with me... I just want a place to park my car and have some fun...

Just gonna do what they want and not risk any problems... I enjoy this event every year and want to keep having this option....

I think they still have room, just be up front and honest witht them

Last edited:
Hola

Bober - what is status of that Sunday's Yak trip . Have you determined a route - putin/put out?

everyone else - let's get a head count. who is in/out? i recall several folks will be out west for Rockies gathering and otherwise unavailable. curious how many we are lookin at. is the CG completely commandeered yet?:D

This will be my first time attending. As for hikes I vote for Goose Eye. Seems like it's pretty easy access from Bearly Live. Good HH highest peak I haven't done yet and reputed to have very fine views.

goose eye is really nice. i was there in 2006. gorgeous. sorry i cant come to this thing--i am a musician as well and i am heading down to WV for the appalachian string band convention and then to galax va for the old fiddlers convention
http://www.wvculture.org/stringband/index.html
http://www.oldfiddlersconvention.com/
otoh i am not sure if this is the kind of music you want :)
susan
PS i have gooseye pics if u want to see them

But will ...

MJ be fined if he has to be rescued from his hammock Saturday night, or should I say Sunday morning, due to earbleed and loss of sleep?

I would think so! Pitching one's hammock is such a spot goes beyond simple negligence into the realm of wanton recklessness!:p

Bober - what is status of that Sunday's Yak trip . Have you determined a route - putin/put out?

It all depend son how far everyone wants to drive. Shortestdrive/backup plan is put in on King st bridge down river into Hogan Pond, end up at SK's.
other options

- Saco near Fryeburg, 50 miles away, 1:11 drive time. It will be a zoo so we'll fit right in.
-Andro below dam in Shelburne, North rd put in, 1:17 drive