Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in the kayak/hike adventure.

Thinking about a fire tower for Sunday. I will have to take a look at the book and see what is around that I need. Maybe Adams. Anyone interested in that??

Cindy

That's the week before we have to take Nick off to college, but so long as Rik's not gonna be there, I think we're gonna try to make it to if that's cool. We've missed the last few due to travel.

Ummmmmmmmm, Is there going to be beer there. :D

That's the week before we have to take Nick off to college, but so long as Rik's not gonna be there, I think we're gonna try to make it to if that's cool. We've missed the last few due to travel.

Ummmmmmmmm, Is there going to be beer there. :D

Too bad I'll miss ya. Was hoping to give Nick some "advice" before he went off to college.

The weekend after the gathering Spencer will be moving to Wanakena where the Forest Ranger School is and I think we need to give him a big send off,
The rest of you??

Thinking about a fire tower for Sunday. I will have to take a look at the book and see what is around that I need. Maybe Adams. Anyone interested in that??
That's one I'd like to do but no way can I keep up with you :)

Update

The local community college has cancelled the Biology Class Spencer needs to complete before attending Forest Ranger. So Spencer will be leaving July 19 to go to Wanakena early to take this prerequisite. However he will be back for the BBQ weekend. As for the kids and I we will be here in Westport until the mid part of August when we will then be moving closer to Plattsburgh (didn't think the dorm could hold us all). As you can tell this years ADK BBQ means alot to all of us so PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE come if you can. All are welcome and we encourage newbies as well as old friends.

Is Homebrew allowed?

As a VFTT noob, I'm hoping to make it out and connect the avatars with real people.

I put two batches of Homebrew in to ferment last weekend (Brown Ale and a Belgian-style Golden Ale). Would anyone object if I brought some along? :D
(only if they turn out good - I know this is a discriminating crowd)

Hmmm, I wonder if I have time for a Scottish Wee Heavy....

_____
Steve

Quick question: how kid-friendly is this event?

I need to bring my chillun's (daughter-12 and son-9) up to the ADK's to knock out some more High Peaks, and was thinking of perhaps tying it into the barbeque weekend.

Now, they're used seeing their parents drinking and carousing with friends, but we generally don't get too out of hand. For those who have attended in previous years: is the Adirondack BBQ relatively mellow, or are there shirtless Pete Hickey-types leaping about carrying double-headed axes...? :eek::D;)

(Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just sayin'...)

I need to bring my chillun's (daughter-12 and son-9) up to the ADK's to knock out some more High Peaks, and was thinking of perhaps tying it into the barbeque weekend.

Now, they're used seeing their parents drinking and carousing with friends, but we generally don't get too out of hand. For those who have attended in previous years: is the Adirondack BBQ relatively mellow, or are there shirtless Pete Hickey-types leaping about carrying double-headed axes...? :eek::D;)

(Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just sayin'...)
I'm going this year. Maybe you better ask around ;):eek::eek:

-Dr. Wu

there's already usually some kids running around, but it's been pretty kid friendly. One year, we even had a 3am Kumbaya singing session. How much more kid friendly can you get? ;)

Jay

there's already usually some kids running around, but it's been pretty kid friendly. One year, we even had a 3am Kumbaya singing session. How much more kid friendly can you get? ;)

Jay
Did I mention that I'm going? And I'll have my cellphone on vibrate :eek::eek::eek:

-Dr. Wu

are there shirtless Pete Hickey-types leaping about carrying double-headed axes...?
If your kids sleep well, I think it will be OK. Ask Maddi if the pool will be open.

I saw PH but he was waving a wild guitar :)

Very kid friendly. Should be kids there from 6 years old and up. Big favorite is the pool attached to the backyard deck.
Don't let children keep you from attending. They'll love the pool, all the food and the big bonfire. The intention every year is to have a bonfire large enough to be seen from the space shuttle.

Very kid friendly. Should be kids there from 6 years old and up. Big favorite is the pool attached to the backyard deck.
Don't let children keep you from attending. They'll love the pool, all the food and the big bonfire. The intention every year is to have a bonfire large enough to be seen from the space shuttle.

is caveman attending?

Actually, what would be cool is have UFC stay in VT and we can have two huge bomfires and send smoke signals to each other!!!

Jay