Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, you dont want caveman there? is that what you are saying jay?
:D

Who would man the bomfire in VT? maybe we could see if the fire would be visible from each other... as it is Spencer is somewhat east of most of the high peaks...

Jay

This gathering is definitely kid friendly (better be our children will be there) and if I get my toosh in gear the pool will be open. Anyone have a head count so far. We are thinking of having a clam bake so numbers would be helpful. And UFC and or Chomp Emily would love to see you!

For planning purposes, those coming from the east side of Lake Champlain should be aware that the Crown Point bridge is now one way traffic and thats bound to slow travel considerably. Makes its even more attractive to take the ferry.

Anyone planning on doing either (Redfield & Cliff) or the 3 Santanoni's that weekend? I have that week off and was going to do Redfield from the north (LOJ). Could be persuaded to come from the south if anyone doing it.

I am sorry

ALERT

This years BBQ is going to be at a different location. There is a campground less than 5 minutes from our home in Westport that can host the event.

The name of the campground is Magic Pines. There is a pool, basketball, tennis court, showers, etc.

I need a head count to give the owners a heads up. They have asked that I coordinate everything instead of a bunch of people calling in. The cost would be $6.00 per night per person for tent camping- small rustic cabins are also available let me know if you are interested. I will put down a deposit if a get a good response back. And they are willing to give us access to an indoor hall for our potluck night on Saturday if we wish or if it rains. And yes fires are allowed.

I hope this does not inconvenience anyone. I just could not find a way to catch up enough at home to have the gathering there.

Is anyone still willing to come?

ALERT

This years BBQ is going to be at a different location. There is a campground less than 5 minutes from our home in Westport that can host the event.

The name of the campground is Magic Pines. There is a pool, basketball, tennis court, showers, etc.

I need a head count to give the owners a heads up. They have asked that I coordinate everything instead of a bunch of people calling in. The cost would be $6.00 per night per person for tent camping- small rustic cabins are also available let me know if you are interested. I will put down a deposit if a get a good response back. And they are willing to give us access to an indoor hall for our potluck night on Saturday if we wish or if it rains. And yes fires are allowed.

I hope this does not inconvenience anyone. I just could not find a way to catch up enough at home to have the gathering there.

Yes!

Questions:
1.) Do they allow dogs?

2.) Do you have the GPS coordinates of the campground?

Last edited:
- - MAGIC PINES CAMPGROUND - -

Hi Maddy,

I'm in too, ....... but Carla cannot make it. I may ride up and back with Peakbagr. Also considering arriving Tuesday for a hike and then just staying until Sunday. I found the website for Magic Pines. If I do end up all week in the ADKs, then I will likely just stay at Magic Pines Friday and Saturday night. (Thinking about staying at Sharp Bridge Tuesday, Wed, & Thurs.)

Rob
(i12climbup)

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure I'm going up Friday night and leaving Sunday morning.....
Is Spencer still thinking about that kayak/hike trip?....thx....

What time do you think the campground will still be open on Friday night?
It's possible that I may pull in there between 10-12

Maddi
Count me, Fiona and AJ in
I can't wait, the kids have not been to the ADK since your last gathering
They miss it

Last edited:
ALERT

Nicole and I are still coming. Does this campground know what they're getting themselves into :eek:;):D

I *think* I can be there (Una_dogger has to work :( ) but if so, I'd just be in a tent.

I'll be there too - not sure if my wife will make it or not...(her first camping outing this weekend didn't go as well as planned!)

I will be there; just need a place to park the Jeep, so put me at a tent site. As of today, arriving Friday night, will let you know if I plan on coming up earlier.

SHOWERS.......YIPPEE!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!! :)

Thanks Spencer and family for all of the planning and work.

Scott, I want to hear about the camping adventure. Guess Pam didn't like the t-storm and pouring rain Sat night?? :eek:

Cindy

Last edited:
Add 1 for me! I'll camp

edit I think I'm camping, although if space is limited, I think I can crash elsewhere and free up a space.

I just checked and I am off Friday, the 7th so more than likely I'll be up Friday, saturday, and Sunday.

Coldfeet: if I bring my kayak up, we should go out on a daypaddle somewhere local, maybe lake champlain or somewhere else not far away..

Jay

Last edited:
I hope to make it and will be camping, but it will depend on how my wife is recuperating from her surgery which has been put off for a week.

Thanks Maddi for planning.