Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every other year I've been in Maine. Well last year was a different story.
This year...it's on the calendar.:D

Ellen and I will try to be there. Planned on it last year, but I was sent out of town on business with zero notice a couple days before...

That's a lot of vertical with a full pack. I'd be streamlining my pack down to ultra light for that one...the required bear canister alone is more than I'd want to haul over those peaks.

That's a lot of vertical with a full pack. I'd be streamlining my pack down to ultra light for that one...the required bear canister alone is more than I'd want to haul over those peaks.
My thinking is that water is available several times along the way, I don't need a tent, and I can eliminate Marshall, Cliff and/or Redfield depending on how I feel.

Now it seems reasonable, if you're confident of getting a spot in the Uphill LT. If you get to the LT with time left, you can go to a light daypack for Cliff. Have fun!

Spencer, I might be able to get there this summer...I actually told Freddy that I was thinking of bringing a kayak and paddling around the area....if my knees are better (got scoped again 3 weeks ago) I'd be interested in that hike.....can u offer some more info on it...thx

I like cheap, cheap is good. I am mulling over a grueling one night/two day thing. Friday: Wright, Algonquin, Iroquois, Marshall, Cliff. Stay at Uphill shelter. Saturday: Redfield, Gray, Skylight, Marcy. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are that you are on your own! :D

I like cheap, cheap is good. I am mulling over a grueling one night/two day thing. Friday: Wright, Algonquin, Iroquois, Marshall, Cliff. Stay at Uphill shelter. Saturday: Redfield, Gray, Skylight, Marcy. Any thoughts?

Wright, Algonquin, Iriqouis day one. Gray, Skylight, Marcy day 2. OR substitute Cliff and Redfield for day two if the weather turns and views won't be had.

The only real flaw I see in your plan is Cliff day one and Redfield day two. Tag Cliff then Redfield. Two and a half to three hours up and back from the lean too for both with a day pack. Do it first thing day two and see how you feel about tagging the others. You could start with Gray and head back on Feldspar if you've had enough.

Don't under estimate the mileage involved in these treks, this ain't New Hampshire. :) (apology in advance if you've been in the area. ) If you are feeling really good and have Cliff and Red under your belt, and are leaving Gray and Skylight for the bluebird days they deserve, consider heading back over Marcy. The trail is much easier footing wise than the Feldspar trail and its really only an additional gain of something like about 600 feet.

I'm really sorry to be missing this one, Spence and Maddi -- the kayak/bushwack combo sounds like a really fun time.

Last edited:
On the calendar - looks like nothing pending as of now (heard that before)...so unless I'm overseas the week before, I'll be there!

From MADDI

:Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to seeing everyone who will be joining us for the weekend. A big turnout would be great because this is the last year we will be holding this here at our home in Westport. :( Don't worry we have every intention of continuing the tradition it just won't be at the same place. The weekend after the gathering Spencer will be moving to Wanakena where the Forest Ranger School is and I think we need to give him a big send off, So please come join us.

:eek:

:Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to seeing everyone who will be joining us for the weekend. A big turnout would be great because this is the last year we will be holding this here at our home in Westport. :( Don't worry we have every intention of continuing the tradition it just won't be at the same place. The weekend after the gathering Spencer will be moving to Wanakena where the Forest Ranger School is and I think we need to give him a big send off, So please come join us.

:eek:

Wow, very cool Spence! Thanks for the heads up, Maddi!! Carla and I hope to be there.

I'm passing the virtual hat here for collections. I've already rec'd some and happy to get it over to Spencer and Maddi to upfront defray Gathering costs.
PM me for postal mail address.

On my calendar; looking forward to this event.

I will arrive Friday night. Brigning my kayak, maybe paddle one day, hike another.

What are paddling options close by??

Cindy

What are the peaks that everyone is doing. I still have "Allen", "Cliff & Redfield", and All three satanoni's to do. Would like some company on any of them.