Charged Mountains

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bat Sh*t aside, the mountains in the British Isles do have some cool names: Holdstone Down, Brown Willy (wonder what that means?), Creag-An-Leth-Chain, Carnedd Llywelyn, Kinderscout, Yes Tor -- all cool names.

-Dr. Wu

Do these charged mountains just keep on going, and going, and going? :D

I do recall being confused by the strange symbols on the rocks on top of Adams in my youth.

It's not on the list, but a caretaker at Zealand Hut once told a group of us that the local Native Americans used to consider Mt Hale sacred, due to it's magnetic properties. Allegedly, if you performed a specific ritual on the way to, and at the summit, you could get rid of negative energy/influences.

Sounded like a Tall Tale to me, but just for fun I performed the ritual the next day a we were going up Lend-a-Hand.

Lo and behold, two weeks later the Negativity in question got fired and I no longer had to deal with her :cool:

;)

Lo and behold, two weeks later the Negativity in question got fired and I no longer had to deal with her :cool:

;)

And I thought you were only supposed to use those kinds of powers for good! Oh well, sounds like it was good for you, so I guess it worked!

Well I wasn't TRYING to get her fired :eek: I was just trying to let go of my burning desire to throttle her :D

(and to be honest, I was successful in that even before she was sent to the departure lounge - the tale may be hooey, but I think there's something to be said for ritual)

Ok, who else is "working on this list"? I have two: Mount Adams and Kili. :D

On my first ascent of Adams while in grade school, we met an Aetherian cloaked in a black gown who was chanting away on the summit; he offered us a peanut butter sandwhich covered in black flies, which we declined, as the time was around 6 pm and we still had miles to go via Madhouse and Mount Madison, having left our sleeping bags in a Tucks lean-to that morning.

I understand that the Aetherian sacred book of chants is shelved at Gray Knob Cabin; perhaps Cruddytoes or someone else can confirm this detail? :eek:

Ritual

Griffin .... if you don't mind .... I'll need that ritual .... asap, please

I would also like to know this ritual.

I was just trying to let go of my burning desire to throttle her

I actually got 10 weeks off with administrative pay for telling the "Big" boss I wanted to do this, (throttle) to one of the "Little" bosses. Good word. Not sure I would recommend anyone saying it to their boss, though, just because it worked for me.

OK, yeah, I'm off topic. How about those Aetherians, huh?

KDT

If Aetherians have Mt. Adams, what do Nihilists have? This is actually part serious because in a philosophical sense, I kind of consider myself a Nihilist. Now I have to start the business of finding myself a mountain. Any suggestions?

There's got to be a "Mt. No Hope" or "Mt. Futility" out there somewhere in the Northeast.

-Dr. Wu

If Aetherians have Mt. Adams, what do Nihilists have? This is actually part serious because in a philosophical sense, I kind of consider myself a Nihilist. Now I have to start the business of finding myself a mountain. Any suggestions?

There's got to be a "Mt. No Hope" or "Mt. Futility" out there somewhere in the Northeast.

-Dr. Wu

How about Mt Misery?

No luck on either of those unless Zealand gets renamed. Have you considered Mt. Surprise? It captures the essence well.

Though they're a bit of a ride, Australia seems to have more than one 'Mt. Hopeless'... though this may be better suited depressives than nihilists.

Then again, why bother? It's not like anyone will care... :(

-Dr. Wu
There's a Death Mt. In the ADKs! :eek:

No luck on either of those unless Zealand gets renamed. Have you considered Mt. Surprise? It captures the essence well.

Though they're a bit of a ride, Australia seems to have more than one 'Mt. Hopeless'... though this may be better suited depressives than nihilists.

Then again, why bother? It's not like anyone will care... :(

Maybe we can petition the USGS to rename Galehead to "Mt. Pointless"

-Dr. Wu

-Dr. Wu
Dude, maybe these guys can help you out
nihilists.jpg

Well I just hope oneday my camera batteries can benefit.

DaveG.

Adams and Harmonic Convergence

I was up on Adams (not in a robe) on August 18th, 1987, the day after the "Harmonic Convergence" and Adam's summit was strewn with dried out flowers from whoever was up there the two days before. A couple of years ago someone formerly on this site was bragging how he took a rock and obliterated the two symbols that had been painted on a summit rock. They were the "Om" symbol, and a triangle. He claimed that the USFS had told him to remove this graffiti. You can still see the outline of the two symbols if you know where to look. I always have wondered what the so called USFS mandate would have been if a Christian Cross or Star of David had been up there for years instead of the Aetherian's Symbols. I remember asking him here if wouldn't consider scraping all the old yellow paint off the capstones of the many cairns in the Presidentials since they really clashed with the natural decor.