Darren's father passed away

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Darren,

I have not yet had the pleasure to meet you and regretably never to meet your father. I need to thank you for Views from the Top, and its legacy of your father. I have gained wonderful friends, thought things I never would have thought, changed my opinions, learned things about good communication, and grown in many other ways because of your gift. I thank you and your father. Godspeed.

Sincerely,
John M. Messinger II

Freedom

I saw a hawk this morning flying wild and free,
And knew he carried on his wings a part of you and me!
He flew the sunrise rose and blue, clear to the sky's far rim...
And O how my longing heart followed after him!
Straight to the gates of heaven standing now ajar...
Where waits the longed for freedom denied earth's sad dark star!

Dorothy Evelyn Begg

My dad passed away 13 years ago and he still comes to me in my dreams to tell me he loves me!

Thanks for everything, Darren, he smiled to the end because of his beautiful family.
KDT

Dear Darren,

My deepest sympathies are with you for the loss of your father. I lost my father, who was also a fire fighter, when I was very young, so it has been a while. But, my brother and I still remember how much support his fire fighting brethren provided us over the last year of his life as he succumbed to cancer.

Hang in there.

Dr. D.

Darren and Carmel,

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I always turn to a Native American saying at times like these;

'They are not gone who live on in the hearts of others'

May your father live on for a very long time...

Last edited:
Treasure your memories as they will bring you comfort. It is easy to see where your love of the outdoors comes from (donations can be made to the Westport Conservation Fund) . My thoughts are with you.

Boreal Chickadee

Darren, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. It looks like your father led a full and active life, and he will be missed by many family members and dear friends. In this time of sorrow, be comforted by how much your Dad enriched the lives of others. - ALG

Last edited:
My deepest sympathy to you both, and to your family. May you all find comfort in one another in the coming days and weeks.

Sorry for your loss. Condolences from Nat and I to you and your family.

Thank you very much for all of your support. I wish I could express my thoughts as well as you have. My family and I appreciate all of your thoughts and kind words during this difficult time. It has been very hard on us. I looked up to my father very much and he was a solid rock that my whole family leaned on. Losing him is devestating but the support of this community helps ease the pain.

Thank you all very much.

Darren

Darren and Carmel,

My thoughts are with you and your family in this sad time.

Hanna

One of the Greatest Generation, you were lucky to have him. That's a man. He was lucky to have you all, too.

Condolences to all of you.