Do You Ever Hike Drunk?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you drink alcohol on a hike

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i miss all the fun hikes. all i usually have to offer on long hikes is cheeze-its and PBR's.
and your wonderful sense of humor.. don't forget that. i mean, if i'm drunk, you seem funny to me.

It must be the last week in January. Grey, dreary, scabby snow on the ground, first Credit Card Statement from the Holidays received and basically nothing else to post about other than silly Wu invented threads:rolleyes::D

Just noticed that ferrisjrf "Dies of alcohol poisning..." yet he "Never brings alcohol"

He must drink what everyone else carries.

No wonder he can go so fast.

Damn. My secret's out.

The not-so-hilarious side of hiking and drinking:

http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10595

C'mon....that guy made it about 4 miles, and 250 vertical feet. Who among us hasn't wanted to sojourn in a snowbank and drink a fifth of Beam, after such an arduous journey?

am i the only one that finds this story funny?

alcohol is one heck of a drug!

I find it sad for Andrew and his friends. While some of it might be humorous in retrospect the dangers of that behavior are too severe.

Am I being too serious?

am i the only one that finds this story funny?

alcohol is one heck of a drug!

Falling face first, dead drunk down in the snow in the mountains, with no mittens on your hands and feeling no pain, is a real hoot. :D:D:D
So is disrupting other hikers fun weekend. Bet they were laughing themselves silly at having to care for a belligerent drunk.
I wonder how many time he has indulged in similar outrageous behavior for this friends to have abandoned him in his hour of need.
Hope that when he finds his way to the morgue, it's a solo trip and he doesn't take innocent people with him.

I agree with Rik."Mountains are no place for funny. "

Am I being too serious?

Perhaps i am not serious enough?

Code:
Falling face first, dead drunk down in the snow in the mountains, with no mittens on your hands and feeling no pain, is a real hoot.

drunk people make good people watching.
unfortunately i probably would have just left him there. there is a difference between being injured and needing help and being drunk and stoopid.

Perhaps i am not serious enough?

Code:
Falling face first, dead drunk down in the snow in the mountains, with no mittens on your hands and feeling no pain, is a real hoot.

drunk people make good people watching.
unfortunately i probably would have just left him there. there is a difference between being injured and needing help and being drunk and stoopid.

That is exactly what his friends did and I think that speaks volumes.

I was thinking that this scenario is similar to when these people end up in a hospital and the staff find humor in the situation. It's really not because we don't care, but rather you have to laugh at the absurdity of it all, or you would not be able to carry on.

All my hikin buddies know i carry the "Dr." for our winter hikes- nothin like a swig of McGillicuddy's at -20 to keep ya warm and charging forward :) (but never drunk)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say drunk...maybe a bit buzzed. Anyone had a nice hot toddy on the trail lately?

I was still walking straight lines last Saturday wasn't I? Even if the corners in the trail weren't following my lead!;) Seriously I brought plenty of Magaritas down the trail to share at Ferncroft and I'm sure Gillian will vouch for me! Come on its worth a greenie!;);)

Never drunk but always enjoying! Sometimes drinking in the world around me with complete clarity and sometimes having a social moment alone or with others. Believe me, I can keep myself good company too!:rolleyes: