Do You Ever Hike Drunk?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you drink alcohol on a hike

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without admitting anything, (read: I'm admitting something :D) I may or may not have run whilst intoxicated once. It was, I mean it might have been, fun. However, not something I would do on a regular basis.

Hiking sober is just too much fun. As a great man once said, "don't fix what ain't broke" and hiking ain't broke. So why add booze? Plus, my predilection for long hikes and routes with exposure would make it a darn poor decision to attempt them while drunk.

I can think of a few short trails that might be fun to do while drunk, but that would be more of a "hey, we're drunk, let's go hike" rather than a "hey, we're hiking, let's go drink" type of endeavor.

Oh yeah, and I'm not 21 so I couldn't hike drunk, even if I wanted to.:mad:

Oh yeah, and I'm not 21 so I couldn't hike drunk, even if I wanted to.:mad:
And I just turned twenty-two
I was wonderin' what to do
And the closer they got,
The more those feelings grew.

I think the note originally came from The Onion so you have to believe it.
This is the problem with the Onion (of course, it's not limited to that august publication). I see it over and over again. Someone forwards an item, w/o attribution. You read it, and believe it, or not, as in this case. But being the type of person I am, I had to refute what you put up as 'fact'. (I figured someone dropped a decimal place somewhere, or whatever). You got me. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Posting while impaired is a punishable offence.

Often, the punishment takes place the following day when the offender reads what he or she wrote. :D

Have you ever hiked drunk...hmmm...another way to ask the question is..have you ever hiked with McRat...hehehe. I think I hiked inebriated once with him in the middlesex fells. Generally my libations on the trail are to pass around a bottle of top shelf scotch on the summit and have a sip. I've pretty much retired from drinking though..I think I only had about 3 drinks in the last year.

This is the problem with the Onion (of course, it's not limited to that august publication). I see it over and over again. Someone forwards an item, w/o attribution. You read it, and believe it, or not, as in this case. But being the type of person I am, I had to refute what you put up as 'fact'. (I figured someone dropped a decimal place somewhere, or whatever). You got me. Ha. Ha. Ha.

My post originally came from my wife. I have to believe everything she tells me. It's a law. :eek:

Do you ever feel like the person who posted was drunk when they wrote it?

Wu, Did this idea arise with a beer in hand?

(I will lay claim to recommending Dogfishhead IPA)

If anyone wants some real entertainment, check the "Drunk Summitposting" thread on Summitpost.org. There's some truly hilarious stuff in there.:D

Not that I'd know anything about a thread like that or anything...:eek:

If a volkmarch counts as a hike I'll have to go back and change my answer:D

Skiing back to South Meadow from Marcy Dam last February, Fran and I ran into an older couple and were chatting when the chap pulled out a little flask, with a sleeve of little plastic cups and offered us a shot (actually two) of Schnapps. It would have been rude to refuse, don't you think? Fond memories of that encounter...we saw the woman back at the car later and asked about her friend, she said "Dr. Zhivago" was back up the trail still, charming some other skiers. :)

Just noticed that ferrisjrf "Dies of alcohol poisning..." yet he "Never brings alcohol"

He must drink what everyone else carries.

No wonder he can go so fast.

I once saw a certain someone polish off a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy's on Old Speck. Very interesting hike out...

If I recall correctly, the Dr. was the inspiration (or the lubrication) for a fantastic Madonna mega medley and dance routine that made the trip down Old Speck a lot more fun on that rainy day. And that certain someone might have been even more annoyed that her rain pants were falling down to her ankles had she not been experiencing a little of the warm fuzzies.

Who says nothing good can come from some nips on the trail?? Not I!

If I recall correctly, the Dr. was the inspiration (or the lubrication) for a fantastic Madonna mega medley and dance routine that made the trip down Old Speck a lot more fun on that rainy day. And that certain someone might have been even more annoyed that her rain pants were falling down to her ankles had she not been experiencing a little of the warm fuzzies.

Who says nothing good can come from some nips on the trail?? Not I!

i miss all the fun hikes. all i usually have to offer on long hikes is cheeze-its and PBR's.