Fall Gathering 9.9999999 - Sep 21-23 White Birches

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds interesting, maybe I'll make my way out and meet some people. I bought a 6 person tent 2 years ago, but have yet to try it out. All i need to do is find 5 females to keep me company and I will be there.

Margaritas

OK Spencer and I are going to attempt frozen Margaritas for Saturday night. However it will probably end up Friday night in order to call them "frozen". The regular margaritas will have tequila. Does anyone know if the strawberry batch should have rum or tequila? One more quick question. We are going to Canada this weekend. When we were in the liquor store the other day I found out "THE DOCTOR" is made in Canada. Anyone want me to pick up a bottle? (I promise to keep it non-rowdy!!!!!!) :D

Mimi- please PM me if you have any ideas for us for the weekend.

HIATIS said:
Does anyone know if the strawberry batch should have rum or tequila?

"THE DOCTOR" is made in Canada. Anyone want me to pick up a bottle? (I promise to keep it non-rowdy!!!!!!) :D
TEQUILA!! Lime juice and Triple Sec. All Margarita's have tequila. :)

Re The Doctor... seems that now you'll have to show up with some!! :eek: I don't need my own bottle, I'll share yours! ;)

Let's see... what goes with Margarita's. Oh yeah - Brownies! :D

My favorite Margaritas have Hornitos Tequila, lime juice, Grand Marnier, and some sugar syrup to taste. I'll have no problem drinking yours, however (so long as they don't contain sour mix).

Pat, Marge, and I will be there Friday, not Thursday. I just signed up for a Photo Shop course at the local high school. Finally, I'll be able to decipher it!

What plans are afoot on Friday? We were planning on hiking somewhere in Evans Notch and then coming to the campground around 4-5 pm.

I won't be staying over because my sweetie doesn't like me being away from home at night, but I am hoping to join for a hike, most likely on Sunday (the Mahoosucs sound good to me, too). I just haven't figured out yet how to backpack and camp with a 3 pound black bunny :p .

MichaelJ and I plan to be there for some festivities on Saturday night but can't stay...other committments Sunday.

Who's hiking where on saturday??

I've got a few on my list up in that area. Gotta be doggable (sorry Giggy!)

:D

I would like to attend...

If someone is up in the air and is not sure if they can attend until just before the event how should they let someone know or can they just show up with the money and stay on the group site.

BrentD22 said:
If someone is up in the air and is not sure if they can attend until just before the event how should they let someone know or can they just show up with the money and stay on the group site.

I asked the campsite this prior to reserving. It sounded like they are willning to accomodate same day walk in's - but if its full- then its full. my guess is its after labor day, its starting to get cold at night, - I think you would be all set.

sounds like you still pay the camp - not any of the VFTT folks - they are charging by the head - not the site.

hope to see you!

Alternative campground

If the Birches fills there is Bethel Outdoor Adventure about 20 minutes east. I don't know what their rates are off the top of my head. It sounds like there's no set limit on the number of day-users at the Birches so folks could hang out there and camp elsewhere?
-vegematic

Will be arriving semi-late on thursday night around 8-9pm, we will swing over to the group site to see what's up for friday. Who has what planned for friday? We're pretty open for anything, a 4000 footer would be nice, but not a must. Our site number is #54, not to far from the social event. I didn't want to be too close, and keep you all awake with Maddi's snoring. I'm used to blocking her out. :eek:

Last thing I checked, space will not be a problem, there are 5 or 6 group sites in the area we are camping with a lot of open woods in the area that we can spread out in and the rest of the campground is definitely not full this time of year.

I took friday off and and I am hiking the tripyramids via north slide. Got a few folks coming along as well. That would be about a 90 minute drive I would think. drop a pm if interested

Shelburne Moriah is a true gem. Hike it!

For paddles (please post here if you plan to join), I'm doing 2 stretches:

Sat: Errol/Dummer. Mollidgewock to 7 islands, possibly to Pontook. Flatwater to Class II. Not for first timers, though there is a very nice Flatwater section from 7 Islands to Bog Brook where beginners could join in. Will possibly go by the Eagle's nest. (Map 1, section A3-A4, possibly also Map 2, A5 to take out at A6)
Sun: Shelburne to Gilead. Great section for casual paddlers. Flatwater/Quickwater and 5-6 sections of Class I. Beautiful views of the Whites (Moriahs and Mahoosucs). About 9 miles of easy paddling. (Map 4, section A14 to Map 5, section A15)
Androscoggin River Recreation

Missing another one

Looks like I'll be missing this one, but I'll be thinking of you all and reminiscing about the jam session the last time the gathering was at the White Birches. Have a beer for me! :)

Have fun!...Missing my first gathering since I started going in Jan of 05 and of course my first gathering was in NH on that wild Cabot trip! Will say some prayers for all this weekend...

I just noticed this gathering since I have been out of the loop for awhile. I may join in on Saturday night. I have to see off some fellow thru-hiking friends who are flying out Saturday morning from Portland, but I could come from there right after. Do I need to make a reservation? Anyone have a tentsite I could share?