Old man found on Rainier

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbcbd

Reaction score
Looks like he was chilling on the Cathedral rocks with a smile on his face...

P1040114.jpg

cbcbd said:
Looks like he was chilling on the Cathedral rocks with a smile on his face...

P1040114.jpg

That is really great! :D
The "reincarnation" .....

I took the same pic when me and Paradox were there, but in worse conditions. Very cool to see as we decended from the summit through Ingraham Flats.

IMG_0141.JPG

Last edited:
Great... he disappears in the dead of night some five years ago, leaves us all grieving, and shows up on the west coast, living a new life. Looks like he went in for a little nip-and-tuck, maybe some Botox. Probably bought a Porsche and married a blond 75 million years his junior, fake granite ridgeline and all.

Nothing like a mid-life crisis in a geologic formation, I tell you.

Reactions: dug
DrewKnight said:
Great... he disappears in the dead of night some five years ago, leaves us all grieving, and shows up on the west coast, living a new life.
Sounds like cbcbd to me! :D

Doug, if you're taking pictures like this, it looks like you're having a great time! So, are you looking east in regret?

Chip said:
I took the same pic when me and Paradox were there, but in worse conditions. Very cool to see as we decended from the summit through Ingraham Flats.

IMG_0141.JPG
Cool! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed :) Although my friend did not see any face, only afterwards when I pointed to it on the picture... maybe it's an East Coast thing ;)

Lawn Sale said:
I heard he left because the weather out there was better...
Man, you guys really haven't been kidding about the wet weather, eh? To say that Seattle weather is better... :D

Mad Townie said:
Sounds like cbcbd to me! :D

Doug, if you're taking pictures like this, it looks like you're having a great time! So, are you looking east in regret?
leaf said:
I doubt it.
Lol. Peter, I will seek the mountains wherever I am and so in that manner, yeah, it's been pretty good. Too soon to regret anything although it is easy to get homesick and miss my EC folks... especially since I have to keep reading all these excellent TRs from BL08, party hikes up slides, Presi traverse parties, climbing NH granite... :rolleyes:

I found an "old man" in Alaska!

l_49b653f0e1c45204bcc0e927ae96cb0e.jpg

Not nearly as good as the Rainier one or the original.

Last edited:
No, no. The Old Man of the Mountains can be found on Mt. Whitney. We saw him this September while descending the Mountaineer's Route. :D