VFTT winter gathering 2010?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe i missed something...

A) but is anyone showing up early and trying to score a spot?

B) or is there no gathering at all? .(yes, i did get that the whole "giggy is doing all the work" thing was a joke.)
I might go. Are other people going? Giggy seems to have dropped the ball in terms of planning.

-Dr. Wu

maybe i missed something...

A) but is anyone showing up early and trying to score a spot?

B) or is there no gathering at all? .(yes, i did get that the whole "giggy is doing all the work" thing was a joke.)
I think there are at least a half dozen people going but of the ones I know personally, all are staying at a motel. We do intend to Gather and carry out all the usual ... er, activities.

I'm interested in heading to Maine Huts and Trails Sunday and possibly Monday evenings, an 11 mile xc ski between huts. Monday is a holiday remember. Here's a link to their website: http://www.mainehuts.org/

Post here or PM me if you're interested.

I plan on going,probibly get there on fri during the day sometime.Gonna bring some firewood.

i'm not sure I read enough of this thread to know exactly what is going on, but I read enough to know that I'm not going to flatter Giggy by referencing him in this post.

I'll be up there this weekend, either friday night or saturday. look forward to seeing everyone!

The options for local firewood are usually Cumberland farms in Gorham on RT 2, Vashaws on RT 2 (has a better beer selection), or the heavy equipment lot on RT 2 at the base of the long hill going into town on the Randolph side of town. (they have plenty of wood, but lousy hours).

Thanks Giggy!

Sorry I couldn't make it. Hope everyone had fun at Barnes Field. I was on the other side of the Presis in Twin Mountain and I want to take this opportunity to thank Giggy for breaking the TFW trail.

Yes, I was there today and Giggy did such a great job at breaking trail that I only used microspikes the whole day. Mind you, I would have appreciated a heads up letting me know I didn't need to carry crampons and snowshoes but, no biggy.

Trail was hard packed all the way but Nathalie did complain about the web of confusing paths Giggy made between Field and Willey. I immediately corrected her and told her that Giggy was the best and that it was part of his quest to find the perfect line to Willey. She will never doubt you again Giggy.

Thanks again!:D

Little VFTT gathering report

Sean, Carmel and I camped at Barnes Field. Others stayed at local hotels. Various hikes are done over the weekend. On Saturday, we hiked Carrigain...long hike, but beautiful trail and sunny day. After our hike, we met up with Arm, SherpaK, Mikey, Gris, Darleen, Suebiscuit and Annalisa for some fun jamming. Met up with Stan, TeeJay, Audrey, Pat and Marge for breakfast at the awesome Moonbean Cafe. VFTTers also had a fun dinner at Peakbaggers in Gorham.

It was great to see everyone...all my favorite people.:)

Thanks Darren, for VFTT! Unlock that love!

Very funny Nif...my heart sunk until I continued reading "just kidding". I would have done some really bad things to you if you really had hiked Scar Ridge without me...:mad:

I'd never hike it w/o if you hadn't done it yet....but the little devil in me couldn't resist messing with you just a little :p You've been trying for so long to get there.

There have been pictures on FB of me since Saturday showing what I was actually up to, no where near there. Almost went over to Bartlett Saturday night to hang out for a while but after dinner and couple of beers there was just no way....but too bad I missed you guys.

Hope to catch you out there again sometime soon, until then happy hiking (and xc skiing) :cool: