Who's Going to the FTTC April 22, '06?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have a VFTT table

• Let's meet at a table

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Nope, will be sitting with other friends

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be there to get my '67. I'd be up for a get-together afterwards, too. Last year we went to the Portsmouth Brewery which was nice until the hour drive home afterward :D

blacknblue said:
The 22nd is my birthday as well. I'll be having my Annual 29th Birthday Party that day. Bob, this is your 29th, too, right?

Nah - last year I celebrated my 29th - this year is my 28th! :>

Open to all

spider solo said:
Last year I noticed it is held not far from where I live...there is a young fellow at work who might be interested in seeing what it is all about.
Is it open to the public or on an invite only thing ?
AMC members only ?
Anyone interested in peakbagging is welcome. "Invitations" are sent to those receiving awards because we have their addresses and figure there's a pretty good chance they'll consider coming. Anyone else who wants an "invitation" can download it from www.amc4000footer.org/dinner.htm. If you just want to come to the awards ceremony, no advanced notice is required (we ask for a $1 donation at the door to help defray costs).
AMC membership is not required for membership in the Four Thousand Footer Club though we do encourage it - or some other means of supporting trails/mountain recreation.

Ridgewalker: are you the only one who can edit the thread title? No biggie, though seeing FTTC instead of FTFC is starting to tickle my OCD bone :)

marty said:
This may be the dumbest question in the history of VFTT, but here goes:

What is the dress code for the dinner?

I cannot resist to say it is white tie and tails for gents and floor length dresses for the ladies :eek: That would be a hoot, Eric can you chime in on this?

Dress Code?

Ridgewalker said:
I cannot resist to say it is white tie and tails for gents and floor length dresses for the ladies :eek: That would be a hoot, Eric can you chime in on this?
I'll give the same advice that they gave my brother at his college graduation: wear clothes (it was an art school).
Of course the official dress code is the 4000-Footer T-shirt ;)
Seriously though, there will likely be a wide range of dress. Lots of jeans/t-shirts and khaki/button down but it wouldn't be surprising to see a few in coat and/or tie. Anything more formal than that would definitely stand out, but that doesn't mean you *can't* wear a tux.

Eric Savage said:
Anything more formal than that would definitely stand out, but that doesn't mean you *can't* wear a tux.

I had no plans renting a tux FYI just to throw in a few giggles :)

Hey, since we're getting closer to "The Big Day", I thought I'd bring this up. Last month on this thread, Homer suggested the idea of doing a shorter hike earlier in the day. I'll be flying back home from a business trip the night before, but I think this is a great idea and that I'd be up for it.

Is anyone else interested in hittin' the trail that day? Any suggestions? Gunstock & Belknap? Pawtuckaway? Pack & North Pack Monadnock?

Double Bow said:
Hey, since we're getting closer to "The Big Day", I thought I'd bring this up. Last month on this thread, Homer suggested the idea of doing a shorter hike earlier in the day. I'll be flying back home from a business trip the night before, but I think this is a great idea and that I'd be up for it.

Is anyone else interested in hittin' the trail that day? Any suggestions? Gunstock & Belknap? Pawtuckaway? Pack & North Pack Monadnock?

Double Bow,

I was just about to post if anyone wanted to do a hike. Pawtuckaway is probably a great idea, close to the dinner site etc. I may be up to do something like this, anyone else in?

I'm still trying to figure something out for that day, but I'm not too familiar with what's that far south other than Monadnock. I'll be driving up that morning from CT, and it will probably take me about 2 hours to get up that way. As more ideas become available, please post them so we can make a plan.

Pawtuckaway et al.

Homer said:
I'm still trying to figure something out for that day, but I'm not too familiar with what's that far south other than Monadnock. I'll be driving up that morning from CT, and it will probably take me about 2 hours to get up that way. As more ideas become available, please post them so we can make a plan.
Pawtuckaway is arguably the most interesting hiking opportunity within an hour of Stratham; three peaks and numerous ways to make loops of various lengths. This is where we went last year.
Mt. Major is also very nice but a bit more than an hour away.
If you can't make it up early enough for a long hike and just want to see a nice view quickly, there's Stratham Hill (on the other side of town, with a tower) or Mt. Agamenticus (in York, ME). Neither is very tall, but they feature views to surrounding hills and to the ocean.

VFTTop'r said:
I have never been to an award ceremony. What exactly happens at the award ceremony?

There is a pizza dinner (and social hour.) Then everyone heads to the auditorium where scrolls are handed out to those who have completed various lists. (A short ceremony to honor the dogs who have completed the 48 is held outside as well.)

On another note, looks like I will be missing the ceremony this year after all.

- Ivy

Change of plans; I won't be there. Sorry to miss folks but I'll see many of you soon!

marty said:
Well, despite the recent cancellations :( , I can't wait to go. I am part of a seven person contingent that includes 5 VFTT members and two spouses!

Same here! Maybe we'll see you there ;)