Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wannna gooo!!!

WAAAAAhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

i really want to go, you guys are going to have soooo much fun!!!

I hope the weather is nice for you all!!! And if it isn't, you always have the doctor!!!!

-c-

p.s. UFC - you rock for allowing all those crazies in your "hood"!!!!! hopefully you put any expensive furniture in storage until everyone is gone!

I'll be there tomorrow evening with assorted munchies (nuts, olives, etc.) and frozen puff pastry appetizers - hopefully there will be a way to make them unfrozen. It sounds like UFC has plenty of propane.

And, of course, I'll bring some good beer. And my camera. You've been warned. I may have to bring the new ice axe simply for portrait shots. I can't wait to see/meet everyone and hear some great music!

I'm looking to ski or hike Sunday, depending on weather.

UFC, you are da man for hosting this gathering!

We're up here at the gathering drinking, drinking, and drinking some more. Some of us have begun to see pink elephants and I've been warming myself by the fire and getting hot. :eek: :D :D :rolleyes: :D :eek:

I just talked to the 'Party Girl' (AKA Donna), still in the tent at 9:30. Glad to see you got that nice early start for hiking...

Winter storm warning Sunday night into Monday. Be careful, those of you staying tonight. Especially anyone in a 3-season tent if we get the 1-3" overnight and the 4-8" on MLK day!

The band sounded FANTASTIC, the food was yummy, and it was great to see everyone!

short but sweet time

I think that was the most fun I've had at a Gathering yet...

Pat and I barely escaped with our sanity.

Two great days of hiking, the best band in town :cool: , a Saturday night INFERNO :eek:, wonderful food and drink, the most cheerful bunch of people even while we tripping all over each other, and two porta-potties, no waiting!

Thanks, UFC, you are host of the year.

Great Weekend!!!!

Spencer and I made it home safely ( one never knows when I am driving :eek: ), took a hot shower together , went to bed and 4 hours later we are getting up from our "nap". So, here's a quick note.

UFC thanks for hosting! Such an awesome weekend. Glad we got to go. To UFC, Katie, Freddy and Prino- thanks for letting me tag along on Saturday's outing. (Katie it was great to get to talk with you.)

Guys and gals the "Band" was amazing. Thank you everyone who contributed.

This was one of the best gatherings yet. It was nice to catch up with friends and meet new ones. Hopefully you'll all be able to come out to our place for ADK BBQ in August.

Gotta go Spence is unloading the Jeep.

UFC- loved the bonfires (maybe you shouldn't live so close to so many propane tanks though :D ) and I promise never to fully disclose your secret cookie recipe.

prino said:
Here are a few pictures ..........
pix
And here are a few more. Mine are all of the band on Saturday night.

A great time was had by all. The weather was slightly uncooperative but UFC made up for it with great hospitality and seemingly never-ending supply of firewood. And the band kicked butt!

-Chicken Boy-

'Twas an enjoyable weekend. Thanks again UFC!

Particularly enjoyed an ascent of the 9000 deci-meter Mt Ascutney with Hollywood, Donna, Chinooktrail, and LenDawg.

Doug

Last edited:
What an absolutely awesome weekend. You all rock!! I really enjoyed the hike up Ascutney with Freddy, Bubba, David, Audrey, Pat, Kris, and Teejay on Friday, our memorable walk in the woods behind the house on Saturday with all of the silly photo ops (thanks for sticking with me Hiatis--we can outnumber them anyday!), making cookies (the secret is safe with us), being a rockstar (FunkyFreddy's red electric guitar...a whole new world) :), dancing to the fabulous tunes of Grey Knob and the Bluffs (go donna, lisa, and dani!), eating vindaloo wraps (thanks Phil!) and all sorts of yummy treats, hanging out by the fire that was taller than me (steve, I had no idea...!), hearing some unforgettable "lines" from perfect strangers, having some really great conversations while sitting in that perfect purple chair upstairs, and seeing/meeting our wonderful group of VFTTrs once again. When can we do it again??? Looking forward to it :)

I think I can speak for pretty much everyone by thanking Steve for his generous hospitality, warmth, and trust...not everyone would open their home to a wild pack of hikers! I hope we didn't do too much damage and do let us know if you need some more funds. And to say it one more time, thanks so much!!!

-katie

oh, and here are some photos of our hike up Ascutney on Friday, the walk on Saturday, and the fire Saturday night!

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/557019078VqGcZZ

MichaelJ and I had such a good time! It was so wonderful to see so many smiling faces and connect more people with thier screennames!

I'm so dissapointed that I had to work and couldn't join the pancake breakfast sunday!

Thanks a bunch to UFC for opening his home to us!

Last edited: