Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATTENTION MichaelJ and KenG,

Thought you might be interested in the following piece of information. :)

Bronze and Silver Passholder Deals
Ski for $20 per day on Martin Luther King Weekend Blackout Days,
January 13 & 14, 2007

Just something to consider . . .

sli74

Any cheap skiers/hikers out there willing to hike a few turns at Killington? ;) :D

Or maybe bag Killington and ski down from there somehow?

cbcbd said:
Any cheap skiers/hikers out there willing to hike a few turns at Killington? ;) :D

Or maybe bag Killington and ski down from there somehow?

Doug, you may have my attention!!! :D Sounds wild!!

una_dogger said:
Bubba, howsa bout you bring down some chicken speedies!!!!!
They don't know what they are around in this neck-o-the-woods!! You have to go further inland to central NY. TEEJAY!! Read that??? The lady wants Speedies!!! We do WINGS and WINGS, hockey and football (ahhh, well....) hockey, anyway!!! Anybody want me to bring over Sabres attire??

I'm out to buy Stablicers!! :cool:

Mad Townie - understand. Right now cbcbd has my attention. I'm such a bad VFTT slut*. I've gotta add him to the list!! MEB - note Mad Townies thoughts on Ellen, etc. (I had some trouble with PMs)
-bubba

*This is acceptable VFTT behavior previously discussed on this board. It may be the best way to get green reps!?!?!

Heck, smartest move in my thinking is park one car at Inn at LT (Sherbourne Pass Trail) and the other on Wheelerville Road at Bucklin Trailhead. Then go over and out. Even better would be a key swap hike (if you had 8 folks or more for the hike). Then you would not have to retrieve the cars. Just make sure you know which way to go on Wheelerville :) (i.e. not toward the sharp left hand turn) to get back to Rt 4 if you are ending there on the key swap.

bubba said:
....He's single and thinks he's cute...
Cute? Not only am I "movie star gorgeous", my charm is only surpassed by my incredible sense of humor! And I make WAY too much money to spend - of course I'm perfect! :D

Wow, spend a day on the road working and fall way behind in your personal life! Catching up here....

Looks like Christopher's is out -that's fine with me, rationed some wood for Friday night and would like to have a fire going anyway. As for pizza and wings.... Wicked Good Pizza http://www.wickedgoodpizza.com/Wicked_Good_Pizza_menu.html all the way! I just got off the phone with them and they are more than happy to deliver to my house I told them that we'd probably do two deliveries. Also they recently added popcorn chicken to the list of app's available. They said to give them at least an hour so I'm looking for feedback as to what and when here.
Everything else got answered correctly from what I can tell - we ain't got no snow :mad:

Almost forgot...My house is about 1 hour from Dartmouth, and yes I'll have syrup.

Last edited:
Our babysitter has mono. Our backups are busy.

I'm out. :(

I swear my schedule is cursed around the Gatherings. Rest assured that I will be home wishing you the best and hoping to meet as many of you as possible between now and the next one.

I am not sure where those 6 inches of snow were in VT. Maybe at the top of Mansfield in a snowdrift? Burlington got nailed with one of the biggest snowfalls of the year this morning, about 2-3 inches! I was going to make a snowman on Church St, but not quite enough snow.....Backcountry skis and snowshoes might want to be left at home this weekend. God I hate this winter.

Place your order for NYC bagels....I'll check thread around 2pm tomorrow for the count...will leave app 4 with the Funk Master and arrive sometime that night....couldn't grab a Long Island growler but maybe I can pick up something else from my work area (Columbian cervaza)...safe trip....I always seem to pack so much stuff....safe driving...

bubba said:
Doug, you may have my attention!!! :D Sounds wild!!
haha, I don't want to stir up any trouble with your other "partners" ;)
But hey, I figure... ski? hike? Why not hike and then ski? :)

I'm probably getting there very late Friday or very early Sat. I'd be up for this either Sat or Sunday. I was thinking of hiking up with any folk that are doing Killington and then skiing down... ain't no better way to descend :D

KenG said:
MJ: That would be great! Though If you intend to go up Okemo on Saturday maybe you should bring the book with you as well?
Oh, if I was going up Okemo it would be on a chairlift. :D

KenG said:
SteveHiker: I have no idea what the Healdville trail is
It's the trail up Okemo in the book I was going to quote from. 5.8 mile round trip, 1940' elevation gain, book time of 4 hours. The only directions other than getting to the trailhead are to stay right at the junction near the top.

sli74 said:
Bronze and Silver Passholder Deals
Ski for $20 per day on Martin Luther King Weekend Blackout Days
Okay, between that and una_dogger's coworkers' comments (thanks!), I'm back to thinking about skiing Killington on Saturday! Bubba???

UFC,
Pat and I will be happy with 3 slices each and a few wings. If you overestimate, well, there's nothing like cold pizza as a hiking lunch the next day. If you underestimate, the gaps can be filled in with the spiral cut ham we're bringing along with sandwich fixings. We'll pop the ham in the oven as soon as we get there in the afternoon.

Pete_Hickey said:
Are you telling us that you're some kind of nerd or geek?
DougPaul said:
You wouldn't be a pot trying to call this kettle black, by any chance?
I can't live up to the honor. Hey! I'm still using an old NeXT cube and an original Palm.

Unfortunately, I won't see you this weekend, since all kinds of things (including a missing finger tip) are keeping me away.

Random questions...eating implements, McNeills beer on Fri.

So for food eating & beverage consuming, does everyone just bring their backpacking mess kit with sporks and titanium pots for eating out of? I can't imagine Mr. UFC has enough plates, spoons, forks, cups, etc. for everyone? I'm only going to be there on Saturday evening, but I was just wondering about that in case UFC hadn't considered that yet.

I'm feeling hopeful that the predictions for rain are going to instead be snow, especially in the hills....that's me being optimistic. Tomorrow's weather in southern VT is predicted to be freezing rain, sleet etc. so everyone please be careful driving up this way.

And most importantly: If anyone is driving through the Brattleboro area tomorrow late afternoon on your way up I-91, you should stop in to McNeills for some tasty, tasty brews. I will be there after work for a bit. It's on Elliot St. (put that into your GPS auto-routing systems or whatever you call them and I'm sure you'll find you're way there.) McNeills would be about 1 hour from UFCs pad. You can take him a growler of brew!

Pete, I'm bummed you won't be there. A certain je ne sais quoi will be lacking. Take care of the remainder of your finger. I'll raise a drink in honor of the missing bit.

I already have some disposable bowls and 'plastic wear' packed, to go with the vat of butternut squash soup I am bringing.
Good idea to remind people though! ;)
I am in for a few slices of pizza and a few wings, with any luck I should be rolling in around 8:30... :confused:
Christine

I'm happy with 2 or 3 slices of pizza and some wings (HOT). Since many people may prefer mild wings, I can bring my own hot sauce.

I will be arriving with Audrey and Pat. Craig won't be coming up until Saturday (he has a meeting to go to and I have Friday off!!!!!) :D .

I'll have quesadillas with me for Saturday's meal, and Craig will be bringing crab bisque (I told him this wasn't a la-ti-da fancy crowd, :p but he still insisted on making the bisque).

Bubba: should I bring my leather apron???

Little Bear

Man.. I've had a post in the background that I was working on for the last hour and posted -- didn't go. Yuk -

I'm leaving when I press the final <Enter> key!! LB - yep bring the apron to rub it in and the smile to go with it!!!

cbcbd - I'm up for the Hike/ski (board). I'll send off a PM. I'm worried about MichaelJ feeling bad -- he's only a drinking slut-friend and I have to come clean with him someday and hike together!! As far as I'm concerned, Sat/Sun are interchangable, so whatever happens is fine.

Pete- sorry you can't make it. I hope you fine the missing finger.

McRat - too bad. We'll dedicate a song to missing hikers!! :cool:

UFC - Three is probably more than enough for me. I'll also bring along some Weber's Horseradish Mustard (a Bflo specialty) to go along with the ham!!

Safe travel to all... I'm pshyced (crap I never spell that right!!) teejay is ahead of me on the road already -- claims that he has a brain that he's bringing along for the weekend.

Yea, cups and plates would be a great idea - I shoulda thought of that :eek:

Bring chairs too, there is a lack of chairs at my house that will need to be filled by "foldables" - should have posted that sooner too.... hey NOBODY is PERFECT!!! :p