Join Team Views From The Top - TBTS Ride for Research 06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time it's personal....

Thanks to the folks who keep bringing this back to the top. I thought I'd share the reason(s) why I decided to ride for this. 1) I love to cycle and enjoy being able to help someone else while doing something I love, 2) my step-mother has had two brain tumors, both of which were surgically removed, and 3) a dear friend of mine recently learned that a relative of his suffered a stroke due to an inoperable brain tumor. I will be thinking about each of those people as I ride 50 miles for Darren's team in May. I hope everyone who can will support his team as you have supported this site. Thank you.

Okay, I'm in. I identified Roxi as my team member to contribute to. :)
I WAS going to contribute to Tom Rankin, but he's at goal ! ;)
I gave what it cost me to drive back and forth to the Whites this weekend. :rolleyes:
GO TEAM VFTT !!!

Chip said:
Okay, I'm in. I identified Roxi as my team member to contribute to. :)
I WAS going to contribute to Tom Rankin, but he's at goal ! ;)
I gave what it cost me to drive back and forth to the Whites this weekend. :rolleyes:
GO TEAM VFTT !!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! :) Your donation is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you SO MUCH, Chip! :)

Didn't know who to sponser (everyone is a great candidate) so I went the flat donation route.

Good luck with the ride, have fun. It is no ordinary bike ride is it? I canonly try imaginge they satisfaction of working toward this goal.

Hope you have good weather.

I work for drug company. We have a drug going through the pipeline and are currently getting ready for FDA inspections. Thre are a lot of investors behind the company. That was not always the case. The idea for the drug came out of the work of some post docs struggling in an academic lab.

These humble beginings is where alot of medical breakthroughs start. The researchers struggle to get funding from whatever source they can, NIH, WHO whatever. This funding is harder and harder to get. Many need to rely on foundations like this one to get thier grant money so they can proceed with thier work.

This is pretty important. This is a great cause.

Last edited:
John,

I'm so sorry. I'm glad that you have wonderful memories of her to carry you through these tough times. My sincere condolences.

Roxi

Ride For Research

The newest member of Team Views From The Top here. Okay, so I'm only riding a wimpy 10 miles, big deal, right? Heck, it's a wonder I even remember how to ride a bike. Besides, it's the thought that counts.

teejay

teejay said:
The newest member of Team Views From The Top here. Okay, so I'm only riding a wimpy 10 miles, big deal, right? Heck, it's a wonder I even remember how to ride a bike. Besides, it's the thought that counts.

teejay

Welcome Aboard!Any milage is a big deal.Like you said it's the thought that counts.

I will be one of several Registrating riders in the early AM. Might put a sticker on my shirt : 'Go team Views from the top'.

Pass the word, this event still needs Volunteers.

~Dave

teejay said:
Heck, it's a wonder I even remember how to ride a bike. Besides, it's the thought that counts. -- teejay
Teejay has personally told me that he is "older than dirt" so that dates him pre-wheel according to my calculations. This spinning thing is probably all new to him!! So go puff up them 10 miles and puff up the donations from the world around you!!

I think I still owe some sponsorship $$ from last year and better start saving to donate this year... Remember... greenies could get you sponsorship!! Then again, I just may hold out for the best offer :p

Here's a possibility

Yeah, Jay, I'll ride like the wind and try not to break it.

Hey, don't discount the benefits of breaking wind now. Think of it as a turbo boost. :) it's a good way of getting slackers off your wheel too..

Jay

Jay H said:
Hey, don't discount the benefits of breaking wind now. Think of it as a turbo boost. :) it's a good way of getting slackers off your wheel too..

Jay,

Remind me not to ride behind you. ;)

It is true. teejay is older than dirt. I think he is also older than salt water, but the carbon dating results have not come back from the lab yet. Go teejay go!

Big thanks to everyone that has joined the team or donated so far!

- darren

The lab test

darren said:
It is true. teejay is older than dirt. I think he is also older than salt water, but the carbon dating results have not come back from the lab yet. Go teejay go!

- darren

Since carbon dating can only be used to date things that are already dead, it's good to know that the the lab test results aren't back yet.

As for dirt, somebody had to invent it, so I did.

teejay

On a more serious note about Brain Tumors...

a big reality check for all of us... I just got a cell call from my 17-year old daughter who was on her way back from a classmate's fathers wake.

Ali was telling me how awful it was and how sad everyone was. She admitted to being in tears as most of her other classmates were. She told me of how the mother nearly crushed her with a hug and that this was a large family with five other children.

The 44-year old father died of a Brain Tumor.

Ride swiftly. Hike hard! ...as if someone's life depends on it.

Last edited:
Unable to donate this time, but ......

A very fine women who lived in our neighborhood just died yesterday at age 53 from a brain tumor after a long and difficult illness. Although not a close friend, I did know and enjoy the pleasure of her aquaintence through my involvement with cub scouting when our kids were coming up. I went on many cub scout overnight camping trips with her husband who stood by her through this ordeal. She leaves a bereaved husband and two young children who don't deserve to loose their mother and wife at such a young age. I was planning to donate to TBTS, but as her obituary instructs friends to send memorial donations to the Brain Tumer Research Fund c/o of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in her name, that is what we will do. We'll probably donate to the TBTS when Pound the Presis comes around. I just want to add my testimony to the destructive nature of this horrible condition and how it effects families. I also want to commend Darren for his good work in this worthy cause.

Ray Caron

Last edited:
Got my number!

Ok, I stopped by the BTS office this am and picked up my rider number and t-shirt. I was hoping to run into other members of the team (figuratively speaking, of course!), especially those who predate dirt. Looking forward to meeting all of you next weekend. Everyone please be extra nice to Mother Nature. I'm trying to get her to stop crying so we can have dry weather for our ride. I can handle riding in any temperature, but my glasses do not have wipers! (need a smilie with wet, fogged-over glasses crashing here)