NH 48 Direttissima North to South 8/13 - 8/23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should be getting in better cell service in a few hours so the track gets continuous. Not much for towers along RT 2, once they get some elevation, they can get the Pine Mtn tower and the Bretton Woods tower and still might get the Lancaster tower.

I guess I need to set up an "eiger telescope" and see them climb over Madison this afternoon

:confused: looks like Mats is lost right now

what happens with the tracker; it's only a continuous track if the signal is sent/received ? is there a complete track-log compiled ?

Hi folks,

I don't have the phone turned on all the time to save battery....having a rest day today so we hiked north on route 16 to Stony Brook and up Moriah....and now we are camping at Imp Shelter. Heading to Isolation and Washington tomorrow over Carters and Wildcats. Meb's right foot has been bothering her a bit and my shoulders have been abused a bit......seems like athletic tape and moleskin takes care of it. We have logged about 52 miles so far and we are trying to tell ourselves the pack is getting lighter :)

Good luck and great weather I hope!! I can't track you up here in Banff but I'll be routing for you!!
Can't wait to hear and read all about it..:D

I remember last year..I was with rebecca and we couldn't even lift Mats pack!!!:eek:

Did 5 peaks today and are back on the Pressies now......Isolation,Washington and the Southern Pressies are on the agenda. Ethan Pond Shelter might be pushings things a bit tomorrow but would be great.....we'll get an early start and end up somewhere. Stay tuned.....

Report from Lake of the Clouds Hut:)

Did Isolation and Washington this morning....heading down to Crawford Notch for four more today. Will stay at Highland Center tonight and then have a long day to around Kancamagus Highway tomorrow....it's pretty hot today. We are taping our feet constantly but we keep truckin' :)

Will turn on cell for signals at least a couple of times a day going forward.

Shake and Bake!

Mats and MEB

Hi everyone
day five and I am still alive! My feet are killing me but spirits are still good. Pack is getting lighter and weather has been fantastic! Would say more but it's well past my bedtime.
Shake and bake
MEB

Good luck on the rest of your trip; I hope you can stay cool somehow.

I'm kicking myself for not saying hello because I think I saw you both on the Davis Path near Boott Spur about 10AM yesterday morning (8/17). Are these your backsides in this photo of two of my hiking buddies taken at that time:

http://www.liwoods.com/tripreports/images/20090816MtWashington-269c.jpg

By the way, the guy with the moustache is also from Brighton.

Just got a call from MEB and she wanted me to post this...

Unfortunately MEB had to drop out due to foot injury.after day 5:(:(, She was still full of positive engery and said she had(and is having )a ton) of fun..

mats is still going strong... ya know, some people can do many miles fast and some people can do heavy loads backpacking... not many can do both at the same time pretty damn effective like this guy...

so... the progress...Mats has done 21 peaks and did a 30 mile day yesterday making his way up the oliverian brook trail - it sounded like he was heading up whiteface and pass today and then making his way to Tecumseh this afternoon. I am thinking the tri's and the O's fit in there somewhere...but meb didn't mention it.

His goal is to be at laff campground friday eve. I think (and I may have this wrong) his goal tommorow is to make his way via hancocks, bonds, zealand, hale, etc... to the camp..I guess the fran ridge gets tossed in there somewhere, and then finishing on the moose via kinsmans on sat?

I may not have this all correct...but its the general theme as I heard it... :D

all I know if I wish I was out there rather than working...
damn!!

Last edited:
Shake & Bake!!

Way to keep truckin, Mats! Hope to see you this weekend when you finish.

MEB - tough call, I'm sure, but you've got to keep yourself healthy so you can continue to get out and do what you love to do. You've done an AMAZING job over the past week. See you soon...

R

them there are some strong hikers! i cant imagine carrying 50+ pounds in the heat that we have been having for one day, let alone a week!