playing May 1 in Boston! :)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyfreddy

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to invite all of you to my show in Boston May 1. The info is below:

Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010
Time: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
1154 Washington Street 02118
South Boston, MA

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1154+Washington+Street+02118,+South+Boston,+MA

I'll be performing songs from my CD "Ghosts of Another America" along with new songs of mine and covers by artists such as Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young. etc. I hope you can make it! Please e-mail me if you have any questions! Thanks, Fred

Freddy, I immediately checked the calendar as this would be a great excuse to spend the weekend in the Boston area, but my older boy is playing Mr. Bratt of "How to Succeed in Business..." that weekend in town. Please let us know when there are other dates in the states. Good Luck !

PS: I went to check you out in "Second Life", but my wife was pretty convinced I was seeking less noble entertainment venues, so I skipped it. :eek:

Freddy, I immediately checked the calendar as this would be a great excuse to spend the weekend in the Boston area, but my older boy is playing Mr. Bratt of "How to Succeed in Business..." that weekend in town. Please let us know when there are other dates in the states. Good Luck !

PS: I went to check you out in "Second Life", but my wife was pretty convinced I was seeking less noble entertainment venues, so I skipped it. :eek:

You probably shouldn't refer to it as "Second Wife" then, Chip. :p

Wish I could be there Freddie, somebody will have to represent. Or maybe catch it on youTube.

Jay

Ahhhh, that night is my wife's surprise b day party......hmmm, na, bad idea......rock the house Freddy!

Thanks for the head's up!

Fred

Thanks for the head's up! Good chance I and Mrs Jazzbo will be there. This is easy to get to from our place in Waltham MA. I'm not sure how the on-street parking would be in that neighborhood. Parking is reasonable at garage under the Boston Common if you don't mind a bit of a hike. It's not right at, but is relatively short walk from some Orange, Red, Green line stops. You might think about dining in Chinatown which is just north of Mass Pike from your venue.

Ray

Last edited:
Hi Ray, Hope to see you there and thanks for reminding me about parking! I'll have to sort that out quick, see what's best for folks coming by car on a Saturday night.

DrJJFate, I put South Boston in address because of a quirk in google maps.... that was the only I could get google to show the right location! There are other Washington streets in Boston and google kept showing them regardless of zip code, etc. The map is showing the right location now, thank God, LOL. :)

Chip, Coldfeet, Jay.... hope to see you soon! Hope I can catch up with you guys this summer! Thanks, Fred

DrJJFate, I put South Boston in address because of a quirk in google maps.... that was the only I could get google to show the right location! There are other Washington streets in Boston and google kept showing them regardless of zip code, etc. The map is showing the right location now, thank God, LOL. :)

No worries. Just wanted to make sure the folks could find you. Good luck!

Thanks Bubba!

There's parking very close to the venue, on Berkeley Street just up from the corner of Washington and Berkeley if you're planning to drive. :)

Have a great show, Freddy!

We'll be at our soccer tournament down at UCONN until well after your start so we can't make this one.

Hey Fred!

Hope the show went well!?! Sorry I couldn't make it down.... hope we get a report here.... maybe shouldn't be called a "Trip Report" though LOL! :D

Thanks! The show went well, we're going to do a few more this year at the same place in Boston..... Probably on a week night this summer and then a date sometime in the fall. :) Thanks, Fred

Thanks! The show went well, we're going to do a few more this year at the same place in Boston..... Probably on a week night this summer and then a date sometime in the fall. :) Thanks, Fred

Definitely hope to make it to at least one Boston show! Timing didn't work out for me, alas.