Una_dogger finishes the 48, 67, and 115!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic finish, Sabrina! Congratulations!

A spectacular and poetic #48. Maybe it was "poetic" justice that our "48" message wasn't there when you got to #47. :eek: We thought a lot about you on Saturday.

Nicely done. Of course, I like to space out my completions. More excuses to party! In fact, even though I could probably get my awards for the 67 and the NEHH next year, I'll just submit the application for the 67 so I have a reason to go the following year!!

Hey DB -- we think we may have been two cars behind you -- when we pulled out of Zealand sunday night -- you drive a car like ours but blue, yes?

Speaking of submitting paperwork...sheesh! I have all my 46r reports ready to go to my correspondant since May -- then I find out I have a couple more forms to fill out for the 46rs..now I have the AMC NH48 paperwork, the AMC 4000 footers paper work...then once all that is "proven" ..I have the 115 paperwork! Surely there must be a streamlined way of handling this..DNA sample? Express online forms??

:D
And since I have to renew my professional license this year (so I can afford gas for all this hiking) I really *should* make that my priority..but...

Looking forward to the necessary road trips for the various awards dinners next spring...would be nice to tack on a trip to the Cats awards dinner, too...:)

Good Climbing

Sabrina, having a dearest friend of mine (TMax) a member of the 115 club, I know what a strong person it takes to traverse the miles of highways, streets, dirt roads, and trails to accomplish that goal. Living almost six hours from my beloved peaks, I have found a way to already spend 45 days inside the Blue Line this year. Nary a minute has gone by that was not apprecated, nor a tree or two passed that lacked a mental hug. Thankfully there is still a core group of human beings that feel about Mother Nature that you do. All the best along the way....David

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS SABRINA. :D

You really knocked out the peaks. The Bonds are indeed a wonderful area.

Now its time to get back to the Cats. Keep in touch when you're in this neck of the woods.

Great job Sabrina..what a perfect day for the Bonds....pretty special, huh?

we sent some strong good vibes over from mansfield that day....

Thanks, Mark! The Bonds were awesome!
No formal trip report this time...have some pics that I hope to upload here along with pics from yesterday's Franconia traverse.

Two Pemi Traverses in one week, doesn't get much better than that!:)

Big congrats

SABRINA:

BIG CONGRATULATIONS. How many years to get there? I finished my 48 on Bondcliff as well on a day like tours. When I got to the summit I jumped and down yelled, screamed, thought I was solo on the summit. Off to the side in the low spot were four hikers watching me. It got quiet. One of the four said..."Your last peak?". We all laughed, shared lunch and it was a great day. Now...will you need a new pack for those patches?

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LavaFalls

SABRINA:

How many years to get there?

I had about 6-7 of the NH48; 5-6 of the ADK, all of VT and most of Maine from backpacking trips I took between 2001-2006. At that point I was an ardent "non peakbagger".

I began working on the Lists in winter 2006/2007, and got about 13 more done, most in NH. Then from June to Sept 2007 I did all of the ADK 46 minus one peak. I also went back and repeated the peaks in the Daks I had before, plus a couple other repeats; and repeated many of the VT 4ks as well, and managed a bunch more in NH. In Sept 2007 I returned to the NH48 list, and did a few NEHH. Then I didn't hike too much in winter 2007/2008 because I took up down hill skiing. I wasn't able to hike too much in 2008, but I managed to finish them all, with an ADK finish in early May; a trip to Baxter in July, a trip to mid Maine in August.

So, roughly 2 years --with a few outliers here and there. 2007 was my best year, with ~87 4ks hiked.

Last edited: