Una_dogger finishes the 48, 67, and 115!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I echo the sentiments & congratulations on a quest well done!

All right, Sabrina! Fantastic job.:D I was thinking about you as we were viewing the Bonds from Loon yesterday. What a day to finish three major lists:cool::cool::cool:

You were smart not to join us on Scar Ridge yesterday. I think I got a few scars that might be permanent.

I hope our hiking paths cross soon - PAtN, perhaps?

Best regards,
Marty

Nice job Sabrina! Way to go for the finish and it was a super day up in the Mountains!!
Congrats!!!!:D

Great Job!

Doesn't count 'til Terra has them all too. :) No, just kidding, besides, I know you'll go back to the ones she needs, at least in NH.

Fantastic job, I hope to get there someday and people like you are an inspiration.

KDT

Sabrina,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad you had such an awesome time out at the Bonds. What an excellent place to finish your three lists. Would have snuck out there with Kahlua nips but had to work this weekend!;) Nothing much tops Bonds in October, I'm sure you'll get back there for an overnight and sunsets sometime! Very nice that you, Mike and Terra got to share the moments that day!:D

PatN sounds good, Marty -- that will be a special day that I hope many of us can come together and share.

Kevin, I put together a little Doggie-Doo (tee hee) list for you, since you asked...for Terra:
Maine-all the Baxter Peaks, sigh..won't happen
New Hampshire- Carter Dome, South and Middle Carter, Carrigan, Monroe, Eisenhower, Pierce, Tom, Field and Willey
New York-Sawteeth, Basin, Saddleback, Gothics, Armstrong, The Wolf Jaws, Dix (proper), Giant, Rocky Peak Ridge, Whiteface, and Esther.

So, she's 25 shy of the 115 -- but I don't think she's making it a priority :), she just likes to hike, and especially loves to backpack. :D

I have spent the day reflecting -- trying to remember each and every hike -- there have been some really memorable ones; and others that felt more like missions than enjoyment..but its all good.

I'm grateful to have the eyes to see with, legs to walk on, time to enjoy life, and most of all -- to live in such an amazing world where there is so much beauty to enjoy.

Yesterday we off and on enjoyed the trail with a cow farmer and his boys from Rumney -- the father remarked a couple times how hard it is for him to get away -- it was moving to be a small part of thier hike yesterday. Sitting in those mountains -- all the answers to all the questions are there, I think. The energy that surrounds us when we are in the mountains is amazing and powerful -- and it touches all of us who go there -- its hard to describe, can't be seen -- but it can be felt and it is shared -- its a great connecting force and I have to say that the patches and the lists are just what gets me out of the bed in the wee hours and keeps my eyes open on long drives -- I go to the mountains to cast out my questions and hope for some answers; to listen to the wind, to feel the sunshine, to watch the rays touch the Earth, and to get one step closer to understanding what that energy force that drives all life is.

I'm grateful to have the eyes to see with, legs to walk on, time to enjoy life, and most of all -- to live in such an amazing world where there is so much beauty to enjoy. Sitting in those mountains -- all the answers to all the questions are there, I think. The energy that surrounds us when we are in the mountains is amazing and powerful -- and it touches all of us who go there -- its hard to describe, can't be seen -- but it can be felt and it is shared -- its a great connecting force and I have to say that the patches and the lists are just what gets me out of the bed in the wee hours and keeps my eyes open on long drives -- I go to the mountains to cast out my questions and hope for some answers; to listen to the wind, to feel the sunshine, to watch the rays touch the Earth, and to get one step closer to understanding what that energy force that drives all life is.

Very well said!! congrats, sabrina!

What an outstanding achievement.
A hearty congratulations to you! :cool::D:)

Deep reflections

Sitting in those mountains -- all the answers to all the questions are there, I think. The energy that surrounds us when we are in the mountains is amazing and powerful -- and it touches all of us who go there -- its hard to describe, can't be seen -- but it can be felt and it is shared -- its a great connecting force and I have to say that the patches and the lists are just what gets me out of the bed in the wee hours and keeps my eyes open on long drives -- I go to the mountains to cast out my questions and hope for some answers; to listen to the wind, to feel the sunshine, to watch the rays touch the Earth, and to get one step closer to understanding what that energy force that drives all life is.

Very deep and beautiful reflections, well put.

If she's invited, Emma would be honored to join Terra when she completes her NH 4k's.

Emma thinks it sucks that she and other dogs are kept from getting their 67 and 115 patches by the Baxter Peaks. She suggests that I get a white cane and dark sunglasses and make the climb with her lead.

KDT

Great report...Big thumbs up...you picked a good one to finish on!

Congrats Sabrina, this is great ! And you finished in such a grandiose way :)

... and you finished the 115 BEFORE me ?! :eek:

Where the hell I was during the last months, I have only 2 peaks left since June :confused:

I guess I need to get back to 4k's ! :p :D

Congratulations. If you had done it two days earlier we would have crossed paths. That would have been neat. At any rate, it's a great hike and a great way to finish.

Out of curiosity, where is Terra in all of this? Have you kept track of her climbs? Has she done them all?

Hope to see you out there again before too long. :)

WOW!! You hit the trifecta, big time. I love the Bonds, well the only time I was there was awesome. Congratulations!