What (if any) list are you working on?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What list (if any) are you working on?

• NH 48 - all seasons

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • NE 67 - all seasons

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • ADK 46 - all seasons

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • NE 100 Highest - all seasons

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • NE 100 Highest - winter

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • NH 48 - winter

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • ADK 46 - winter

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • NE 67 - winter

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • ADK 100 Highest - (all seasons or winter)

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Northeast 3k (all seasons or winter)

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
House lists!

Working on my wife's "punch list" for house projects! Inbetween that I'm trying to do the Catskill 3500, I should have started house stuff years ago, sorry i didn't! Home Depot here I come!

None of the above

I wish there was an other option so I did not respond to the poll. But, the four lists that I am (concentrating?) on are the Catskill 3500 winter peaks & Catskill 3500 List. As for the Catskill 3500 list, I have one more and it will be scheduled on Thursday, June 23, 2005. I will post more details of that hike up Westkill closer to the time. For those of you that wonder why that date: It will be 35 years to the date of my first summit of Hunter Mountain June 23, 1970. 35 peaks over 3500 feet in 35 years. I have 8 Winter peaks (4 of which were required for the Catskill peaks). And probably will finish that list in 2021, 35 years after I started that with my first Catskill winter peak. So I am slowly picking up a winter peak here and there.

I did mention 4 lists. Now that I finished the NH 48, I like the companion NH 52 With a View list. That makes an even NH 100. I have 29 to go on that list.

I also am working on my New England 67. I thought I finished Maine in 1981. This summer I have to go back to get Spalding & Redington since now they are included. Then on to the five in Vermont.

Lastly, I am day-hiking/slackpacking the AT southbound. This summer I will be hiking the AT from Flagstaff to Richardson Lakes in Maine.

So I have enough irons in the fire to keep me busy from my busy other life.

Aaron

Having recently finished the Catskill 3500, I'm sort of working on the Winter 3500 and the catskills 100 list.

Should make some progress on my winter peaks this weekend!

Continuing on my ADK 46r list, I have about a 14-15 peaks done, no bushwacks yet.

Jay

western list

Completed the 4k's in NH, now in CO working on the 14ers 28/54, then plan to go to CA and bag the 14, 14ers that are there, then its back to NH to settle down and retire from peak bagging. Ill be the one in the Saco with the dog fly fishing under first bridge :eek: :D ;)

The 3k's, for 25 years and counting, getting close though, only 27 to go! :rolleyes:

Everyone,

I'm aware that my list of lists is limiting, but the poll feature only allows ten choices. My main interest was to see the ratio of winter to all season votes, so I included the most common lists.

Unless someone wants to start a poll at questionpro or one of the other free online survey services, we'll never get all the lists in one survey.

great responses so far!

spencer

Okay, I may need a 12-step program to get away from the lists. Right now, I'm concentrating on the NH48 winter list (having finished the all-season.) But once winter ends, I'll go back to working on the NE67 and Hundred Highest, which I hope to finish this year. I'm also planning to finish up the New England AT this summer and I'm chipping away slowly at the state highpoints (18 and counting...)

- Ivy

The past couple years, I've come to LOVE winter. I hate to see it arrive, but then I hate to see it end. I'm working on my ADK Winter 46... "it's almost a obsession"!

State High Points? Don't forget the State Low Points. My friend Clark Hall (46-r #1372) managed to achieve 49 High Points (not Denali), and I believe that, along with some buddies, was the first to do all 50 "Low Points"- not as difficult.... but fun!

Last edited:
Nope, just for the heck of it, or more accurately, just for the love of being in the forest hiking down a beautiful trail, listening to the sounds, smelling the scents, seeing the flora and fauna. A summit is just one small part of a nice hike, a ten-minute pause in a day-long adventure.

Instead of "all season" maybe you should have said "any season;" or left it off entirely. I'm working on the New England Hundred Highest, but I'm not trying to do them four times, or even three times, apiece. Just once. Probably. For now, anyway.

I voted Northeast 3K but it's really the New England 3K, and we've kind of stalled, now that we're hiking more with VFTT friends and they're all working on 4K's and 100's. But it's all good.

Lists and more lists

I voted NE67 in winter, but that can't be right. Why then am I traveling to Baxter next month to climb Coe Slide?

Now for some boring details:

My primary 'to do' list is:
New England AT, and I'm stuck at 481 of 733 miles

Then there's:
Long Trail: 183 of 270 miles
NE NFCT (canoe): 72 of 565 miles
Catamount (ski): 81 of 307 miles

NECoHPs: 43 of 67 highpoints

And so many others . . .

The Northeast 3K is on the list but not the Northeast 111 (115)?. Huh??

I'm keeping track of several lists so I voted for the NE3Ks since that seems to include many of the other lists. Like some others, I pursue them rather casually and use the lists to prompt me to check out peaks and trails that I might otherwise have ignored.
-vegematic

No lists here..... there are peaks that I have done several times in all seasons, and there are some that I have no interest in ever doing. I think at this point in my life I would be hard pressed to even remember all the peaks. Hey, maybe I've completed a list and I never even realized it! :eek:

Is there such a thing as New Englands lowest? My pups and I have hiked through some pretty swampy & wet areas in the past.

Should have had an "other" category & the ability to check more than one.

Following one list seems like too much work & listbagging, working on one list completing it & then another.
What listssss am I working on?

Winter 48 (1/2 done with a couple more planned for the 04/05 winter)

Solo 48 (40 or more done)

ADK 46 20 or 21 done I believe

48 done in three different seasons. Have done the 48 x 2 with at least one followup in a different season than the first trip, around 20 -22 have been done at least 3 times in three different seasons, goal will be to do the 48 in all four seasons (11 done so far in 4 seasons - 4 Franconia, Garfield, South Twin, Field, Pierce, Ike, Adams, Osceola)

South Beyond 6,000: well not really working on it have done Craig & Mitchell & have a wedding to attend this year in TN, planning on Clingmans, Collins, Kephart & LeConte

The peaks I've been to the most, I'll work on seeing in all 12 months, none so far but 11/12 for Greylock with Bear, Monadnock, Everett, Lincoln & Lafayette not too far behind, can see adding, Pierce, Ike & Moosilauke to that although I'll need 12 more Moose visits.

Keep highlighting trails (trail bagging) on my White Mtn map too.

My lists weren't on your list - The Catskill 3500 and the Fire Tower challenge. I have done a few winter ADK peaks but I don't see finishing that list.

Daxs, You did not want to start the winter 46r list and look at what you have done already. You will finish them......it just might take some time, but I have confidence you will finish them.