2/8 - NYC Beer night and welcome Alpinista

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One word Sherp...FUGETABOWDIT!....the shirt stays in the closet ...

but

amstony....the tight pants are allowed! :D

Nice interview by Shilling....what does he want another 20mill?

These ball players are bad for sports...bring back the scabs and move the fences in...the new generation of kids doesn't have a chance in scoring a ticket for under $50 :mad:

amstony said:
OK, I safely delivered her to NY at 4:00AM or so on Friday morning, the movers came at 8 AM........... :cool:

She is a Brooklyn girl now!!!! Make sure she doesn't grow real big hair, streak it blond, start chewing gum, and wearing tight pants and Boots!! :eek: :eek:

We'll be checking up on you NY'ers! :)

Plus how about a couple more hits on this thread........... :rolleyes: hahahaha

that was last century......now its tats, piercings, track bikes and prada suits!

That's awesome Pete!...I've seen the sign many times on the Belt Parkway but to get a pic of it is great!

The 8th looks good....parking is gonna be a real pain in the arse!

I'll be mass transiting it...

amstony said:
She is a Brooklyn girl now!!!! Make sure she doesn't grow real big hair, streak it blond, start chewing gum, and wearing tight pants and Boots!! :eek: :eek:

Aye! Watch it, Tony! I may be living in VT now, but I'll always be a NY girl (who once had streaky hair, wore tight jeans and boots........who didn't in the 80's!!??)

This Thursday

I want to bump this topic up since the event is coming up this Thursday. The NYC crowd has not been socializing much as a group lately. I'd like to think it's because we're busy out hiking, climbing, canoeing, etc. but I know that sometimes we're just too busy and forget to take the time to unwind and enjoy life a little.

Soo ... let's do it. In case you've forgotten the details, here they are:

NYC get together

Thursday, February 8th

Chelsea Brewery

Pier 59 on the Hudson at 18th Street, Manhattan
(Take any downtown bus or subway to 23rd Street, then switch to the 23rd Street bus and go all the way west to the last stop - Chelsea Piers)

This place has a great variety of local brews as well as the usual.

http://www.chelseabrewingco.com/
http://beerme.com/breweries/us/ny/1308.shtml
http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/...at/BrewerID=329

Warmups: 6:30 PM
Grand Entrance of Alpinista: 7:30 PM

I'll be there at 6:30. Dawn (Hikethe115) will be there as well. Please RSVP if you haven't yet so I will look for you.

Last edited:
hmmm ... I can't help but think that this is being organized by Papa Beer.

Youse guys be nice to Lisa now ... not matter who she roots for ... something about that old axiom of never arguing with anyone who buys ink by the tanker car.

Maybe we need to have a summit gathering of NYers and Beantowners to work this rivalry into revelry ... say at Fenway Park or Yankee Stadium :eek:

Mandrill

Great idea, but can't make this one. Did the climbing/hiking movie festival pass through town already? We used that as a spring-board one year for a bit of drinking. Next time.

#4258W

carlhoward said:
Great idea, but can't make this one. Did the climbing/hiking movie festival pass through town already? We used that as a spring-board one year for a bit of drinking. Next time.

#4258W
That's March 6 & 7. See this thread. We'll be getting together after the 2nd night (Wednesday the 7th) so mark your calendar.

I'll try and get there by 6:30 as well. I have work that afternoon, hopefully it won't delay me any. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks to Dawn and Papabear for putting this together! :)

I'll be in the city around 4:30...will kill some time maybe at Paragons....will also make sure my phone is charged up this time I go to meet up with Papa Bear...

coldfeet said:
I'll be in the city around 4:30...will kill some time maybe at Paragons....will also make sure my phone is charged up this time I go to meet up with Papa Bear...
Hi Coldfeet
While you're at Paragons, you can get your Banff trickets. They sell them on the second floor at the Swiss Army knife counter.

charlos said:
that was last century......now its tats, piercings, track bikes and prada suits!

Dang, I'd have difficulty adjusting to either of those wardrobes and various, um, accoutrements! :eek:

I may be able to wiggle out of the other engagement I had that evening. If so, I'll be there by 6:30 with bells on! And maybe my new Yankees cap! :D

Last edited:
alpinista said:
Dang, I'd have difficulty adjusting to either of those wardrobes and various, um, accoutrements! :eek:

I may be able to wiggle out of the other engagement I had that evening. If so, I'll be there by 6:30 with bells on! And maybe my new Yankees cap! :D

you will know when the adjustment is complete when friends and family from back home have a hard time recognizing you! :D

thank god ball caps are wool....its cold!

Lisa, make sure you bring your schedule with you so we can figure when to go to the Catskills and introduce you to your 1st Catskill peak. :)