6th annual Adirondack Gathering and BBQ August 7-10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few commitments in the area that weekend, but will definately try to at least stop by to say, "Hi!". One of my commitments is to Street&Nye, early Saturday morning. If anyone is interested in a guided tour, let me know. I'll make it the toughest easy climb you've ever done.

I'm probably going but do to ongoing knee issues I'll bring a kayak to go exploring...if anyone is interested in paddling just shhot me a pm...I have both a rec boat and touring boat....I'd prefer to go check out some small lakes and streams....

I plan on going. I've met some of you and look foward to meeting more of you. Hanging out with the hiking/climbing folks is just plain good fun. I'm looking foward to it.

On that note, is there anyone in the greater Rochester/Upstate area that wants to share a ride?

I can take I-90 to Albany if one or more persons are available to share the costs of fuel or tolls. I'd rather avoid the tolls and take Rt 104 to 81 North to Rt 3. I'm open to options and can be flexable.

Rickie

rhihn said:
I thought I responded to this thread, but apparently not. Joanne and I will be there. Might hike, might canoe, might do both.

Dick

Hey Dick, we might see you do it! :D

Spence we have not yet been to your part of the woods, but hope to stumble in to say hi. :cool:

Last edited:
Little Rickie said:
I plan on going. I've met some of you and look foward to meeting more of you. Hanging out with the hiking/climbing folks is just plain good fun. I'm looking foward to it.

On that note, is there anyone in the greater Rochester/Upstate area that wants to share a ride?

I can take I-90 to Albany if one or more persons are available to share the costs of fuel or tolls. I'd rather avoid the tolls and take Rt 104 to 81 North to Rt 3. I'm open to options and can be flexable.

Rickie

Rickie - let's talk tomorrow - this is looking more and more like it will work for my sked now.

Scott

Warlock, the MacNaughton hike is on Saturday, or at least that's what was discussed earlier.

Pat, Marge, and I will be arriving Thursday and staying at the Park Motel in town.

Let's see, since our return from elevation in California, I've been enjoying my extra red corpuscles and climbing 1200 feet in a half hour on the treadmill. That means I'll be able to summit MacNaughton in an hour or so. :rolleyes:

teejay said:
You may have missed this thread on ADK High Peaks or if you're not on my eamil address list. http://www.adkhighpeaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6281 The time is now to "put up".

teejay

I am not 100% sure if I'll be the group for the MacNaughton hike and if I will be there with you for this celebration. Maybe I will pass by if I do not have time to stay all (saturday) evening. I will know that later.

MacNaughton reconsidered

I'm rethinking our Saturday hike. That's a long one. I won't have any energy left for the party! So, we'll probably "settle" for Giant or Big Slide, or whichever one Marge picks from her list.

If the weather is nice we'll be heading into the Johns Brook Valley Thursday night to try and get Haystack, Basin, Saddleback, and then arriving at the party Friday Night. I don't have any plans for Saturday yet.

audrey said:
I'm rethinking our Saturday hike. That's a long one. I won't have any energy left for the party! So, we'll probably "settle" for Giant or Big Slide, or whichever one Marge picks from her list.
The southern approach is only about 9-10 miles, IIRC.

We're still planning to go, but the weather forecast might change our plans.

Have I been out of the loop or WHAT?

Making it and can't wait! Driving up on Thursday... prbly get in on Thurs nite.

Looking for something on Friday.

Definitely on the McN list for Saturday, but would like some more info... we're heading in from south? Spence is leading?? This is nothing more than a walk in the ADK woods - right!! :rolleyes: Nothing special to know about?

I will also bring my kayak -- that should be a Sunday adventure for me, unless a Friday plan rolls around.

Lastly - I just checked out the weather and see that the weather forcasters have it all f'd up. They are calling for 60% chance of rain. If they realized that this was a VFTT gathering they'd just post 100% and be done with it!! They really need to get it together!! :p

Reminder to all to bring along a six-pack or two of local beer as is the custom at this nicely hosted event. It stocks a community beer chest and besides... Spence needs to stock up for the fall season and depends on us to help him along. (Note that the local = local to YOU).

I'll be in for Friday night sometime. I would love to hike somewhere for a view on Saturday but I'm not sure if the weather is going to negate that option. Any new 4K for me would be fun.

bubba said:
Lastly - I just checked out the weather and see that the weather forcasters have it all f'd up. They are calling for 60% chance of rain. If they realized that this was a VFTT gathering they'd just post 100% and be done with it!! They really need to get it together!! :p
No, they got it right...

If they said 100%, people might stay home. But with a 60% forecast, more will come out to get soaked when the floodgates open... :)

Doug

SoBrian and I are looking at bushwhacking the Johansen Face of Haystack on Friday unless weather turns really ill. For saturday we are going to bushwhack 3 peaks behind Taylor pond. A little easier day if someone wants to join in. That way we can be back for the party early. I believe the peaks are Cranberry Bear and South Ridge. Don't have the map right in front of me right now. Most of the hike is approach and exit on a trail.

Who's interested? We can talk more on thursday and friday night or PMme if you want in. Looking forward to thisgonna be a big turn out this year I'm thinking.