Bearly Live '08: July 25-27, Oxford, ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i figured as much Gris, anyone who raises such a nice beautiful and down to earth daughter can't be all bad! :)

chinooktrail said:
i figured as much Gris, anyone who raises such a nice beautiful and down to earth daughter can't be all bad! :)

I'll second that...it was great to see Ashley recently!

Last year's was my first Bearly Live event and it was great! Looking forward to seeing Mrs. SK and the fun neighbors as well as y'all! :D

Bearly Live 08

Juniper said:
I have space for one more tent on my site. That is, if there really is only room for two tents on a site (as I was told when I reserved). Otherwise, I may have more room.

Hey Juniper or anyone else with an available camping spot.....
It looks like there is a good chance I may be able to come to the paaatttyyy. I know it's a bit late, just wondering if any spots are still available??? I believe i'll have to leave early sunday am, so it would be for friday and sat. night. Thanks

Youngblood

Hey Charles - I think I'm out of room...but hopefully we can all figure it out when we get there?

Bearly Live 08

Juniper-
Thanks for the reply.... I was a bit worried that I waited too long to secure a spot: once again, work gets in the way. If there is no room anywhere I guess I can just ride my bike all night, that way i'll be all warmed up for some hiking the next day AND it would be excellent training in sleep deprivation which I'm horrible at. See everyone sometime friday evening. Safe travels!

Youngblood

It's just Ashley and me at our spot and I believe they hlod up 4 adults, so I think we have.extra room.

Getting back to food:

I can bring lots and lots of Haggis. I'm sure it will be way more popular than SK's marinated Sirloin tips.

Neil said:
I'm sure it will be way more popular than SK's marinated Sirloin tips.

'Mug-o-meat' bro, 'mug-o-meat' tis what he calls it. And he forces you to eat it out of an insulated oversized coffee mug. Nothing else in there, just a big mug-o-meat. Definitely not for the vegan or Amy Vanderbilt crowd. :D

Gris said:
'Mug-o-meat' bro, 'mug-o-meat' tis what he calls it. And he forces you to eat it out of an insulated oversized coffee mug. Nothing else in there, just a big mug-o-meat. Definitely not for the vegan or Amy Vanderbilt crowd. :D
And for dessert, who's for great big, very overripe bananas left all day in the blazing sun.

Nope...

Neil said:
And for dessert, who's for great big, very overripe bananas left all day in the blazing sun.
Dessert is always the same. Home-made grape nut ice cream from the dairy up the hill. It almost makes the 'mug-o-meat' tolerable. :D

Reactions: arm
A heads up for folks who are making it a day (or evening, or night . . .) trip: parking will be tough. According to Sherp (who is there and out of internet range) the best place to park is up at the end of the Campground Road (not Rabbit Valley Road). It's then about a 1000 foot walk to BL.

Nice thing about parking there is you'll be able to get out! ;)

The Bluffs and Funky Freddy had a great rehearsal session this past weekend, and Joe Farren sat in for a little jamming Saturday evening.

General consensus was that BL'08 is gonna ROCK! :cool:

Scratch my last post, family emergency came up. I cancelled my reservation at the campground. Bummer.

Have a good time!

I'm sad that we will miss this event, it sounds like a really great time. Unfortunately for us there is a scheduling conflict. For the last 7 years we have been joining the folks at the Mount Washington Observatory in their annual fundraiser Seek the Peak .

Emma has become a bit of a celebrity at this event being one of the only dogs who has raised money and made the climb for their benefit each year since 2001.

Wish us luck, we'll be thinking of you guys. :)

Maybe next year these 2 awesome events can be scheduled so they don't conflict and some of you can join us at STP, then we can all get together at Bearly Live'09!

KDT

I enjoyed last year's so much (from what I can recall) I can't wait for this one!

I'm coming up Friday after work and if I don't Shizzy myself, I plan to hike East Kennebago and/or Cupsuptic Snow on Saturday. Sunday will be Elephant (God and liver willing). Any interest?

All I have to do is pack a few things: portable glory hole, skin suit (to lend Marc Howes for bushwhacking), surgical tools (hi Marc!), rabies spray, oh and I can't forget my new shrunken head collection -- and I'll be on my way. Can't wait to see you all. I should be at the campsite by around 5pm in my Saturn. I think I'm going to brush my teeth for an hour and then head over to Sherpa's.

-Dr. Wu

"Thank you, for a real good time!" ... best Bearly Live yet !

fun stuff ... jamming with great musicians, hiking and swimming in Grafton Notch, late night kayaking on Hogan Pond, talking my Family into checking out Bearly Live, hanging out with our Hiking Family all weekend

can't thank SherpaK enough for setting up a fun weekend ... organizing the show, lugging tons of equipment to Oxford, paying the bands out of his own pocket, covering cost of porta-potties, refusing to accept cash for anything

it takes a huge effort just to gear up to play in a band, and SK took it to a much higher level ... he's the main reason Bearly Live turned out so well

the Bluffs practiced thursday, between bouts of crap weather, dealing with wind-driven rain soaking the stage and everything on it, power failing on us many times ... weather forecast was kinda grim until thursday night, when it turned much better ... who can the weather command ? we were very lucky we didn't have to deal with thursday's weather over the weekend

looking forward to the next show ... this fall, hopefully ...

posted a few pics in the GotVibes album here
http://community.webshots.com/user/carparty